JL Lift Kits

I was talking the GM at my dealer about Mopar parts and the warranty they offer. He basically said that you have to get the parts installed by the dealership so that they know it’s installed by a trained professional (I didn’t ask about another off-road shop) and and obviously needs to be used per the design. Even if the dealership knows you’re good for the install Jeep could still deny paying for repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sheesh, My dealership said the exact opposite. That’s the trouble with going early adoption. Everything is an unknown. Kinda like off-roading, eh?

Wayalife!

That said, I put the mopar 2” with stock rubicon wheels with Cooper STT 37x12.5.

Needed a 1.75” spacer, and it looks like it’ll do roads perfectly. Have my doubts about uptravel for crawling as tires stick out past flares. I’ll probably add stuff like bumpstop extensions and such after my first off-road trip coming up in a few days.

Definitely will let you know and will post pictures.

WWRuby_Svi

The dealership doesn’t give the warranty but if they won’t get reimbursed by Jeep for the work done then they won’t want to do the work either. All I’m saying is it can come down to a person saying I think someone abused the product or installed it wrong vs our product is bad.

I would think bad install would void warranty were a dealership is at fault if you use them.

With this said, I am a diy guy so I’d do myself.

RMC2

. . .

That said, I put the mopar 2” with stock rubicon wheels with Cooper STT 37x12.5.

Needed a 1.75” spacer, and it looks like it’ll do roads perfectly. Have my doubts about uptravel for crawling as tires stick out past flares.

. . .

Definitely will let you know and will post pictures.

Day one of the test wheeling. Didn’t push it too badly, mostly mud with some moderate articulation. Absolutely no rubbing so far! Tomorrow I will push it farther.

Definitely felt the limits of the steering dampener (unless my steering is failing lol).

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Our 2" should be out the first of May. This will come with coils tuned to the corners and a new RS5000X shock too tuned for the JL. ;)
Our 3.5" out early summer...

This is our 3.5" on 37" tires and the Rubicon package.

Attachments

• 20180328_111118.jpg
    20180328_111118.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 247

JTCO

Meme King
Our 2" should be out the first of May. This will come with coils tuned to the corners and a new RS5000X shock too tuned for the JL. ;)
Our 3.5" out early summer...

This is our 3.5" on 37" tires and the Rubicon package.

Nice. Bumper looks awesome too. Who's in the background with the pink headlights?

Nolocke

American warranty is no good to me, the Canadian Mopar warranty doesn't cover any performance part.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wibornz

So is there any one lift kit you guys would recommend over the others. Looking for a 2.5 or 3 in lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So is there any one lift kit you guys would recommend over the others. Looking for a 2.5 or 3 in lift.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no 3" lift kits out as of yet or at least, made by a manufacturer that I would recommend. If you can hold out for just a bit, I would. Otherwise, EVO is what I would recommend for a 2.5" lift.

ocrejects

2” Mopar

For 35's, a LOT of people are really loving the Mopar 2" lift. It's really all you need and Mopar has spent a lot of time making sure it offers a nice ride. If it were me, that's what I would go with.

Running the 2” Mooar, ride is awesome...

offcamber

To the best of my knowledge, there are no 3" lift kits out as of yet or at least, made by a manufacturer that I would recommend. If you can hold out for just a bit, I would. Otherwise, EVO is what I would recommend for a 2.5" lift.
Doesn't RockKrawler have their 3.5" kit out?

JLSahara

I would also like to know the thoughts on the skyjacker? Hard to find a shop near me to do this for me without them pushing the brands they “recommend”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk