JL Lift Kits

Jesse_01

Oh man, if you could, that would be so awesome :thumb:

Dana FAD delete

https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2...t-axle-shaft-kit-wide-elocker-fad-delete.html

Not much rock around here. It will mainly be the wife's DD & someone to go wheeling with.

Yes it will be a 8 speed.

The idea of relying on electronics to engage an axle shaft & disconnect a sway bar is asking for more problems. Bad enough its an auto with a couple dozen sensors. But hey what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Jesse_01

Um, thanks but I wasn't looking for a delete kit. I was hoping to hear what 13_gecko_rubi was going to say about "how the whole thing works and why you may need to do it." It'd be nice to have here for future reference.

As in remove the whole shift unit & everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BillArnett

5.13s is what id recommend all day on a JL with 37s...I keep telling everyone gear for 8th ... View attachment 2887

Sent via....

Very interesting, Gecko.

I have 37s and stock 4.10 gears. If I did the math right I should be seeing 75mph in 8th at about 1900 rpm and that's about what I do see. In my limited experience so far that's what happens on a flat or downhill road. It quickly drops into 7th or 6th if more power is needed. I'm OK with that.

The final drive ratio in 7th with 4.10s is about the same as the final drive in 8th with 5.13s.

It seems to me that when cruising along at 75 mph what I want it to optimize is fuel efficiency. And that usually translates to lower rpm. But not too low. So what is the optimal point for the 3.6L engine? If I had to I would guess that it's optimized for fuel efficiency at the considerably lower speeds that the EPA tests measure. And therefore that higher gears (or equivalently, bigger tires) would be a bit more efficient at 75mph.

And if going to 5.13s would increase fuel efficiency at that 75mph then by how much? A gear swap is expensive; it would have to be a lot more efficient to break even on fuel costs even at $4/gallon.

If this is all correct, what am I missing?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Very interesting, Gecko.

I have 37s and stock 4.10 gears. If I did the math right I should be seeing 75mph in 8th at about 1900 rpm and that's about what I do see. In my limited experience so far that's what happens on a flat or downhill road. It quickly drops into 7th or 6th if more power is needed. I'm OK with that.

The final drive ratio in 7th with 4.10s is about the same as the final drive in 8th with 5.13s.

It seems to me that when cruising along at 75 mph what I want it to optimize is fuel efficiency. And that usually translates to lower rpm. But not too low. So what is the optimal point for the 3.6L engine? If I had to I would guess that it's optimized for fuel efficiency at the considerably lower speeds that the EPA tests measure. And therefore that higher gears (or equivalently, bigger tires) would be a bit more efficient at 75mph.

And if going to 5.13s would increase fuel efficiency at that 75mph then by how much? A gear swap is expensive; it would have to be a lot more efficient to break even on fuel costs even at $4/gallon.

People don’t buy Jeeps for fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Very interesting, Gecko.

With 37s fuel efficiency went out the window. But ideally u want it under 2500 for most efficiency in the 3.6. Everything you said is accurate. 7th and 4.10s and 8th and 5.13s both have close to same final drive ratio including tires. Only need to regear is to get back all 8 gears. U won't gain extra fe if u are seeing same rpm in 7th now as 8th then. I will get a much deeper low end though in 1st esp.

Sent via....

aug0211

Love the gearing discussion - not something I’ve done before or know much about, so it’s super interesting. I knew enough to upgrade from the factory on my JK (though I only ran 33s on my manual then). I was bummed to not be able to upgrade on the Sahara when ordering a JL :(

Unrelated question to gearing, but related to lifts... anyone know much about Traxda? It’s a spacer leveling kit, nothing too fancy but maybe just right for a lighter user like myself.

https://traxda.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-front-and-rear-lift-kit-coil-spring-suspension-601091.html

https://youtu.be/Wth_w6aLyZs

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DrPacman

Your information is not entirely correctÂ…

American warranty is no good to me, the Canadian Mopar warranty doesn't cover any performance part.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Lets see.... From the FCA Canada Inc. website....

MOPAR ® PERFORMANCE PARTS LIMITED WARRANTY

For all part numbers that begin with 77 the warranty is the Mopar Basic Limited Warranty.

Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Series Shocks For 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 4 Door Models With 3.6L Engine - Sku : 77072395

So, this part does start with a 77, therefore is covered by the Mopar Basic Limited Warranty. as defined below:

MOPAR ® BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY

Mopar Parts which are replaced on an FCA Canada Inc. vehicle and still covered by the FCA New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the New Vehicle Basic 3-year/60,000-kilometre Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favourable to the customer.

The Mopar Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing a vehicle to the nearest authorized FCA Canada Inc. dealership if the failure of a covered part causes the vehicle to be inoperative. If a Mopar Part is installed in a FCA Canada Inc. vehicle by an authorized FCA Canada Inc. dealer, and if, while that part is still under warranty, it causes other parts to be damaged or to fail, those other parts will be repaired or replaced under warranty, regardless of whether the other parts were covered by an FCA warranty at the time of failure.

These warranties are the only express warranties made by FCA for Mopar Parts and Accessories and Magneti Marelli Parts offered by Mopar. Except where prohibited by law, this warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy. No person, including a dealer or employee of FCA Canada Inc. or its affiliated corporations, has the authority to vary or change these warranties. In order to validate warranty coverage, the customer must present the original Bill of Sale.

Looks like 3 years or 60K your good to go....
regards....