Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Will the Jeep Wrangler Pickup be forged from a RAM Platform?

  1. #1
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    356

    Question Will the Jeep Wrangler Pickup be forged from a RAM Platform?

    This was posted a while back by a member over on WAYALIFE but I thought the article writen by Larry Vellequette was worthy of posting here as well. What do you think about a Jeep JT Wrangler pickup truck being built off of a RAM platform?

    Will Jeep Wrangler pickup be forged from a Ram platform?
    Larry P. Vellequette



    Might Fiat Chryslerís long-awaited Wrangler-based pickup show up on dealer lots as a Ram in Jeepís clothing?

    Thereís some evidence that it might, and if thatís the case, it could be music to the ears of fans of the Jeep Gladiator, DaimlerChryslerís popular 2005 concept pickup. That concept, which is still shown in public on occasion, was built by putting Wrangler parts on what was then a Dodge Ram 1500 chassis.

    Read the whole article here:
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-ram-platform?

  2. #2
    Moderator WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    171
    I like it.

  3. #3
    I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't mind a smaller pickup.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #4
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    356
    I'll just be happy if it doesn't cost more than a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. The price of them is just getting stupid.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'll just be happy if it doesn't cost more than a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. The price of them is just getting stupid.
    $50k fully loaded. That doesn't include the hard rock. Just crazy! The JL will probably be over $55k.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    $50k fully loaded. That doesn't include the hard rock. Just crazy! The JL will probably be over $55k.
    You're probably right and if that is true, I'd be hard pressed to pay that for a mid-size truck that isn't half as nice, powerful or fuel efficient as a RAM 2500.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    You're probably right and if that is true, I'd be hard pressed to pay that for a mid-size truck that isn't half as nice, powerful or fuel efficient as a RAM 2500.
    Fully loaded longhorn edition 3500. $71k sticker. Hard to beat that.

    IMG_2908.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wahiawa, Hawaii
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Fully loaded longhorn edition 3500. $71k sticker. Hard to beat that.

    IMG_2908.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    71K? It's a sweet truck, but damn!


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    20
    You could build another jeep for that price....... that could haul ur 1st jeep

  10. #10
    That was sticker. You can get it for less.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •