Anyone install the Mopar Cargo Liner?

I know this sounds nuts, but this isn’t your average cargo liner. It attaches to the seat backs & has overlapping sections to prevent junk falling in the gaps. However the install instructions say to cut holes in the seat backs? I have leather & this sounds like a bad idea so if you were brave enough tell us how it went. I’ve attached the PDF.

Attachments

• MOPAR_Cargo_Tray_JL.PDF
    274.6 KB · Views: 90

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you fold your seats down and carry a lot of stuff often, I could totally see how this would be a nice addition. You're only cutting through the carpeting on the backs too.

MrGiant

I saw this thing in one video, one of the best features that can be added. In our GC we have liner in the back, but only for the trunk, so the seats backs are uncovered when folded down - I did not like that but could not find a clean and nice solution

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Pulled the trigger and the install instructions are terrible. I think originally they weren’t going to ship the JL with the gap cover. The instructions say it’s in the box and talk about unbolting the rear seat. You need to cut holes in the seat backs and remove the gap cover and cut files in it to attach everything. I gotta admit though it’s pretty nice.

The gap cover is held into this metal plate usin these little pain in the ass 1-time use clips. They’re not supposed to be pulled back out easily so inspect them before you try to put it back in. They get bent and make it impossible. You can see a few of them stuck in the sheet metal still.
CCF14F4D-1200-4FD8-B21C-52FF01E9202D.jpg

This is the back of the gap cover. You cut the circles out, add the plastic retainer rings, then put the cover back in and snap the actual cargo mat to it. Not super well illustrated in the instructions. Or I’m not as smart as I say I am, probably the later....

F4B78655-9484-4077-87E5-6021120CE638.jpg

YAHAHA

We initially thought about getting these but figured it is much easier for us to load & unload our storage totes with the carpet. So far, our stuff hasn't slidden around very much.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.