JET LI'S NEW LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper

Sipafz

Looks good and LOD seems to make a good product, but still like the Mopar Steel Bumpers and hope to see it back on JetLi when parts are available.

Dusty

While Cindy and I love the optional steel bumper that you can get with a Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, we were disappointed to find that they don't come with winch plates and for some reason, Mopar doesn't seem to have one available or at least, not at this time. Sure, there are a couple of companies that offer a winch plate but being that we have a new WARN ZEON 10s, only one seems to be made to fit it and we don't really care for that company. With that said, we got talking to our good friends over at LoD and decided to change our plans or at least, for now anyway and we decided to install one of their Destroyer Shorty Front Bumpers. Fortunately, they look great, are made well, come with a tight profile and they do come ready to have a winch mounted onto it, have ports that allow factory fog lights to be installed and of course, the bull bar or winch guard also has mounting tabs for a light bar to be installed. Here are a few pics of what it looks like installed on JET Li.

Eddie do you know where I can get a replacement front bumper plastic piece for the factory steel bumper that covers where the fairlead and all would be?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Eazy

Wait so the steel bumper package doesn't allow for a winch? I specifically asked my salesperson and they said it was winch ready :doh: I really love the look of stick and wasn't planning on switching front bumper.

BillArnett

Wait so the steel bumper package doesn't allow for a winch? I specifically asked my salesperson and they said it was winch ready :doh: I really love the look of stick and wasn't planning on switching front bumper.

The steel bumper can accept a winch but you have to buy an additional winch plate. If you really like the stock steel bumper that’s not a bad way to go. (I got the cheaper plastic bumper with the intention of replacing it with something from LoD or PoisonSpyder or ?)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As mentioned, you just need to get a winch plate. Mopar was supposed to have one by now but you can get one from WARN and Rusty's.

Eazy

Thanks fellas, :beer:

The steel bumper can accept a winch but you have to buy an additional winch plate. If you really like the stock steel bumper that’s not a bad way to go. (I got the cheaper plastic bumper with the intention of replacing it with something from LoD or PoisonSpyder or ?)

Just need a winch plate and you can run one.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

As mentioned, you just need to get a winch plate. Mopar was supposed to have one by now but you can get one from WARN and Rusty's.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I meant to ask, why did you go for the extra skid plate on the bumper? Does the sway bar sit lower on the JL or did you just want it for a more complete look

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I meant to ask, why did you go for the extra skid plate on the bumper? Does the sway bar sit lower on the JL or did you just want it for a more complete look

You know, in hindsight, I actually like the look of the bumper better without the skid. We just got it for the complete look. The e-disco seems to sit at about the same point and from the look of things, it can probably get clocked the same way. I may try doing this and removing the skid.

Onlyone

You know, in hindsight, I actually like the look of the bumper better without the skid. We just got it for the complete look. The e-disco seems to sit at about the same point and from the look of things, it can probably get clocked the same way. I may try doing this and removing the skid.

This, I can’t wait to see if it works. I kinda don’t want the skid. I’m still patiently waiting on FedEx for tomorrow’s delivery. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This, I can’t wait to see if it works. I kinda don’t want the skid. I’m still patiently waiting on FedEx for tomorrow’s delivery. Lol

Well, it looked great before I installed the skid so I know it'll look great without it :D

The only weird thing are the extensions that drop from the frame. Back on the JK, a lower cross member would have been attached to them and I just cut off the whole thing. Not sure if I should leave them or cut them off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so I've had a few people ask me about the LED bulbs I used to replace the incandescent bulbs in our old JK fog light housings and so I thought I would post up an update regarding them. Of the myriad of bulbs you can get, the following is what I went with as they only cost $32 for the pair.

Alla Lighting 80W High Power Osram Xtremely Super Bright
2504 PSX24W LED Bulbs White for Fog Light Lamp

20180412112011-0b35d266-me.jpg

I'll try to take a shot at night but I think you can at least see that the color of them looks the same as the headlights.
20180412112017-a65e02e6-me.jpg

Prior to installing these new LED bulbs, the fogs were distinctly yellow in color.
20180412112023-633fe95a-me.jpg

And finally, a close up shot.
20180412112008-e0e2a451-me.jpg

Onlyone

Well, it looked great before I installed the skid so I know it'll look great without it :D

The only weird thing are the extensions that drop from the frame. Back on the JK, a lower cross member would have been attached to them and I just cut off the whole thing. Not sure if I should leave them or cut them off.
I know. They are kinda weird but they don’t really hang down that much it seems.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say that I was ever really happy with the way I had routed our winch leads to the battery but being that I was under the gun to get everything done before heading out to Moab, I did what I could to make it work. I don't have any pics of it but as you can see in our video, I just ran them along the fender and to the battery.

After spending a bit of time looking under the hood, I decided to reroute them a bit to give things a cleaner look. And, here's what it looks like now tucked under the intake support.
20180421235403-0e632715-me.jpg

As you can see here, I routed the leads around the front of the battery. The nice thing about doing it this way is that the positive lead was just long enough to mount to the bigger of the 3 terminals and the red cover had a notch for it so it sits down nicely now. :yup:
20180421235332-fce68b58-me.jpg