WRITE-UP : JL WRANGLER 2.5" EVO Stage 4 Boost Lift & Control Arms INSTALLATION

Lurker

I too have these, and could not figure out where they went. They were not mentioned in the instructions either, that I could see.

The kit came with longer rear links, so what else is needed?
Google tells me they relocate the rear sway bar down to allow full articulation of the suspension.

Here's a picture from the Evo Pro Coil-over instructions.
Screenshot_20190409-183039_Drive.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jdofmemi

I've got the same mounts in my EVO kit. In the event that you don't have directions, this should help.

Google tells me they relocate the rear sway bar down to allow full articulation of the suspension.

Here's a picture from the Evo Pro Coil-over instructions.
View attachment 10419

Thanks for the help. I got everything else figured out, and had those two left over. No extra hardware, just the two brackets.

I will pick up some bolts and put them on next time I'm working on it.

Lurker

We got it done last night!

Eddie, can't thank you enough for this write up and the video! I'm thrilled with how it turned out and can't wait to get off-road...

Oh and to get some bigger tires on there too, but that'll have to wait a few months.20190413_093345.jpeg20190413_105215.jpeg

VitaMeVas

Questions ?

Eddie (or anyone whose done the Evo Stage 1 boost),

I’m looking at keeping my OE springs/shocks bc I like the stock suspension feel on my 19 JLU Rubicon. My wife and I hit moderate trails a few times/yr and am considering the Evo 2.5” boost Stage 1 with shock extensions and using my 35” tires. Questions: Did your ride quality change much? Do you feel adjustable track bars are necessary? Is there a suspension kit that lifts 2-2.5” but keeps a stock-like ride (dynatrac endurosport?)?

I put a Teraflex (yes, I know everyone hates them) 2.5” coil spring lift with bilstein shocks and lower CA on my 2010 JKU back in 2011 and it was so stiff, I felt every bump for 3 years in Moab. Not looking to use Teraflex ever again, just trying to buy the right thing the first time. I’ve had a few back surgeries and when I drove the JLU off the lot, I was so happy.

Lastly, I know 35” tires will fit on the Rubicon, but if I do some moderate rock crawling, I’d rather not have rubbing issues. Otherwise, this JLU is my DD and sees a lot of highway miles.

Thanks all

Jdofmemi

Eddie (or anyone whose done the Evo Stage 1 boost),

I’m looking at keeping my OE springs/shocks bc I like the stock suspension feel on my 19 JLU Rubicon. My wife and I hit moderate trails a few times/yr and am considering the Evo 2.5” boost Stage 1 with shock extensions and using my 35” tires. Questions: Did your ride quality change much? Do you feel adjustable track bars are necessary? Is there a suspension kit that lifts 2-2.5” but keeps a stock-like ride (dynatrac endurosport?)?

I put a Teraflex (yes, I know everyone hates them) 2.5” coil spring lift with bilstein shocks and lower CA on my 2010 JKU back in 2011 and it was so stiff, I felt every bump for 3 years in Moab. Not looking to use Teraflex ever again, just trying to buy the right thing the first time. I’ve had a few back surgeries and when I drove the JLU off the lot, I was so happy.

Lastly, I know 35” tires will fit on the Rubicon, but if I do some moderate rock crawling, I’d rather not have rubbing issues. Otherwise, this JLU is my DD and sees a lot of highway miles.

Thanks all

I did the 2.5" EVO stage 1 lift, paired with Fox 2.0 internal bypass shocks. The springs ride great, and paired with the Fox shocks, the ride is better than stock.

The little woman drives it daily to work, plus wheeling with me when she can and loves it.

It does give a bit more than the advertised 2.5" of lift, but not too much.

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_162706-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20190728_162706-800x600.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 52

VitaMeVas

I did the 2.5" EVO stage 1 lift, paired with Fox 2.0 internal bypass shocks. The springs ride great, and paired with the Fox shocks, the ride is better than stock.

The little woman drives it daily to work, plus wheeling with me when she can and loves it.

It does give a bit more than the advertised 2.5" of lift, but not too much.

Thanks for the input! So you bought the Fox shocks separately, but got the stage 1 with their coil springs. Do you run 35” or 37” tires?

Jdofmemi

Thanks for the input! So you bought the Fox shocks separately, but got the stage 1 with their coil springs. Do you run 35” or 37” tires?

That is correct.

I got the shocks and lift from Bubba at Exodus, after talking to him at length about what I wanted. He recommended this and I could not be more pleased. His deal was better than buying direct from EVO.

Currently running 37" Toyo tires

CalSgt

That is correct.

I got the shocks and lift from Bubba at Exodus, after talking to him at length about what I wanted. He recommended this and I could not be more pleased. His deal was better than buying direct from EVO.

Currently running 37" Toyo tires

I’ll second ExodusJeeps for a good deal... Bethany has taken care of me with a couple of orders better price than Amazon and free shipping with my lift & bumper

JeepBear

Hey Eddie, I have the same Evo FLCAs and I'm trying to do my own greasing during routine maintenance but it looks like I can't get to the axle side zerk without removing that end of the control arms. Is it as simple as removing the bolt and nut on the axle side and then just reinstalling it? If so, what's the torque spec when reinstalling it?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Eddie, I have the same Evo FLCAs and I'm trying to do my own greasing during routine maintenance but it looks like I can't get to the axle side zerk without removing that end of the control arms. Is it as simple as removing the bolt and nut on the axle side and then just reinstalling it? If so, what's the torque spec when reinstalling it?
Yes that is an easy way to do it to grease that joint. Torque spec is just the factory spec which is 120 I believe. Reference the torque spec chart on here for actual spec