WRITE-UP : JL WRANGLER 2.5" EVO Stage 4 Boost Lift & Control Arms INSTALLATION

tobyw

Apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but what is the new overall height and width of Jet Li with the 2.5" lift and 37's on those KMC's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but what is the new overall height and width of Jet Li with the 2.5" lift and 37's on those KMC's?

I'll have to check on the width but at the highest point of the hard top, we measure 77"

tobyw

Very much appreciate it!!! I've got an enclosed trailer and I need to ensure it's going to fit after the lift and tires :thumb:

MacBigButt

Thanks in advance for this writeup. I've watched the video but being able to have this as a reference will be a life saver. My parts show up tomorrow so will be doing a Stage 3 Overland install later this week assuming it doesn't rain.

In particular, the pieces of information I needed were the torque values.

I think Wayoflife switched lift kits? Did he go with different control arms as well? I’ve heard evo plush ride springs are really nice. Any truth to that?

x7tristan

If you've got a Jeep JL Wrangler and are wanting to install a small lift on it, this installation write-up will show you just how easy it is to do. For our purposes, Cindy and I decided to get an EVO 2.5" Stage 4 Boost Lift or 'coil spacer lift', as it comes complete with 2.5" coil spacers, bump stop extensions, shock relocation brackets, a new pair of rear sway bar links and front brake line extension brackets. Basically, everything you'd need to run a set of 35" tires on a Sport or Sahara or 37" tires on a Rubicon. Being that we are anticipating making more changes in the future, we also decided to get the 8 heavy duty adjustable control arms that are offered as an option as well. With all that said, the instruction you'll find on this write-up will pretty much be the same for most any lift kit of this size and/or type and should still be helpful regardless of which one you get.

Thanks Eddie and Cindy for a great write up! Couple of questions though, do you recommend using red loctite on the control arm jam nuts as well as torquing them to some spec?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie and Cindy for a great write up! Couple of questions though, do you recommend using red loctite on the control arm jam nuts as well as torquing them to some spec?

What I can tell you is that I don't use any. During routine maintenance, I may find one jam nut has come loose but that doesn't happen often enough to warrant red loctite.

Lurker

I just got my 2.5" Enforcer Stage 3 kit and I've got one set of brackets that came in the component kit which I can't identify.

The shock relocation brackets are labeled and in their own boxes so I'm not sure what these are.received_266912514188674.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lurker

Just got off the phone with Evo. They are rear sway bar brackets that are used on the coil over kit... Which begs the question, are they needed for my enforcer kit?

I probably should've asked that when I had them on the phone.

Last edited:

Lurker

One more update. They are required on my enforcer kit. Can someone smarter than me explain the purpose of lowering the pivot point of the rear sway bar? I see they weren't needed in the boost kit.

I don't see other lift kits lowering the rear sway bar, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it interesting nonetheless.

Jdofmemi

I too have these, and could not figure out where they went. They were not mentioned in the instructions either, that I could see.

The kit came with longer rear links, so what else is needed?