Auxiliary Lighting - Soooo Easy

Back In Black

This may not be news to you guys, but those of us who pulled the trigger on the aux buttons have it way too easy. 4 lines ready to go next to the battery, grounding post right in the same vicinity.

Just cut off all of the extra shit the wiring came with (in line fuse, relay, and the best part the switch) and connect your positive wires to the supplied wire by the battery, the other to the negative post. Have fun installing your new lighting...

Aux 1 = pink/tan 40amp
Aux 2 = green/purple 40amp
Aux 3 = orange 15amp
Aux 4 = purple 15amp

Sorry no photos now.
Dropped off the Rubi in preparation to ship to Moab.

This may not be news to you guys, but those of us who pulled the trigger on the aux buttons have it way too easy. 4 lines ready to go next to the battery, grounding post right in the same vicinity.

Just cut off all of the extra shit the wiring came with (in line fuse, relay, and the best part the switch) and connect your positive wires to the supplied wire by the battery, the other to the negative post. Have fun installing your new lighting...

Aux 1 = pink/tan 40amp
Aux 2 = green/purple 40amp
Aux 3 = orange 15amp
Aux 4 = purple 15amp

Sorry no photos now.
Dropped off the Rubi in preparation to ship to Moab.

So you ship your Rubi to Moab? How much would that cost?

Skippy

Correct. Depending on the shipping company you can get good rates sometimes. Although for the big events like this I am sure they have higher rates. I also noticed under the passenger footwell side are the interior Aux switch locations. I like that you can have them run off the battery or the ignition and also just be a quick blip on and off or have something stay on. Nice touch jeep. The engineering in the JL is amazing to me. My last wrangler was a JKU Rubicon and the tech and overall driveability of the JLU Rubi is amazing.

Back In Black

Correct. Depending on the shipping company you can get good rates sometimes. Although for the big events like this I am sure they have higher rates. I also noticed under the passenger footwell side are the interior Aux switch locations. I like that you can have them run off the battery or the ignition and also just be a quick blip on and off or have something stay on. Nice touch jeep. The engineering in the JL is amazing to me. My last wrangler was a JKU Rubicon and the tech and overall driveability of the JLU Rubi is amazing.

I found those wires as well. They went a couple steps better on those interior wires. In the cab you have 6 wires. 4 are the duplicates from the engine bay, and 2 more that are 12V (1 is on all the time and the other is on when the engines running).

No more fishing wires and concerns as to whether you sealed it off well at the firewall after you have done your 3rd river crossing - haaaaa.

Yes, agreed - this is a nicer wrangler so far. Hopefully it will live up to my expectations in Moab.

Back In Black

I never went to Moab yet and I'm kind of glad my jeep is taking so long. My friends go every year and I was planning on this year as well, but had bad dreams about getting my new jeep in, then rushing to get the accessories on and then rushing up to Moab, just so I can flip over backwards on hells gate and roll all the way back down the hill. LoL

Fortunately, my friends are waiting for me and we planned a trip to Rubicon trail in early July. Gives me time to get accustomed to the new jeep.

Rubicon trail is better from my perspective. I love Moab, and it's more along the lines of day trips, versus RT where it's all day into more days...
Hells Gate is the most nerve racking thing, especially your first time. There is plenty to conquer without having to do that.

JL2018

Rubicon trail is better from my perspective. I love Moab, and it's more along the lines of day trips, versus RT where it's all day into more days...
Hells Gate is the most nerve racking thing, especially your first time. There is plenty to conquer without having to do that.

They put mine back in the shop to add another airbag so I probably wont get it til at least mid April now anyway, fingers crossed. I cant think of a better big trail to hit first than Rubicon. Maybe hit Moab later in the year when not as busy.