No Roll Cage for the JL Wrangler?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Convertibles or, in the case of a Jeep, topless vehicles are always a LOT heavier than an equivalent enclosed vehicle as so much more reinforcement is needed. Jeep has been trying hard to reduce the weight of the Wrangler for while now to meet federal standards. From everything we've seen and heard so far, the new JL Wrangler will feature a body with removable panels to give it an "open" feel but without being topless per se and without a roll bar. Structurally, it should be more ridged and technically, just as safe if not safer but I'd like to know what you think about all this?

20170201123847-6d2f0307.jpg

As long as its safe, I'm good with it. I'd hope companies like Rock hard and EVO will have add on sport cages eventually anyways, just for added safety and peace of mind!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, you know that the aftermarket industry will be all over this for sure. I'm sure they see it as a challenge and really, if this is really what the factory setup will be, I think it'll be stronger than what we've had before. :)

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Then add in the rockhard, evo, etc cages that come out and the amount of strength they add and you will be protected for days