I feel like I should not be a part of what you have created any farther

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The second battery, according to other forums, is for the auto-start function to "keep from killing your main battery in city driving stop-and-go's".

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but is it really necessary to say that you heard something on "other forums" to make your point?

Walter

It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you. You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.

I feel like I should not be a part of what you have created any farther.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you. You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.

Ah the “it’s not my fault card.”

If you have been told the same thing three times, don’t you think it’s you that has the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you.

It may not have been personal for you but I took it personally. If I really have "corrected" you more than once, I would hope that you could be a bit more understanding of my position here. Stating that you read something on "another forum" doesn't give you any credibility - it just makes you sound like you don't know anything other than how to regurgitating internet hearsay. You'd be better off saying "it is your understanding..." as that at least acknowledges that you not 100% sure and that is forgivable.

You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.

And it hurts me that you can't understand how hard I work to create the information that you've been inspired by and to provide a forum like this for you to use for free and learn from. While it may seem trivial to you, your "other forums" comments feel like a slap in my face - like better information can be found elsewhere. Your continued unwillingness to acknowledge my requests has turned my interactions with a noob like you a bit sour.

Please feel free to do what you must. I wish only the best of luck to you.

Tellico

Let’s stick to the original topic here: there are two separate batteries. They both do their own thing. One may or may not be dedicated to the auto start/stop system, but it’s obvious that one is easily offended when the other battery is mentioned.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s stick to the original topic here: there are two separate batteries. They both do their own thing. One may or may not be dedicated to the auto start/stop system, but it’s obvious that one is easily offended when the other battery is mentioned.

Cute..........

JTCO

Meme King
I'm sorry for messing up your forum. Please forgive me.

I can't even imagine the amount of time Eddie and Cindy spend keeping this place going. What's seen here on the forum and their other non-JL forums shows their passion for Jeeping. I can imagine all they're asking for is a little respect in how you share information that you've found elsewhere. And no one said that you've 'messed up' the forum.

Walter

Believe me, I have the highest degree of understanding of what goes into what you've created. I sold my media company 8 years ago... (a small media company with only 15 full time staff). I have a degree in web development and media We made websites, commercials, and documentaries since 2001. Believe me, I know what goes into making the productions you present. It costs fortune to get the camera equipment alone, then there's the media software and untold hours invested in editing footage. I analyze your videos, the angles, the number of tire tracks showing how many times a certain angle had been attempted for a clean recording, the times when Cindy is recording the JL in the snow and I see the JL driving over fresh snow... that tells me she got out in the cold and slippery snow and walked 50s... maybe 100 feet? in the cold slippery snow just to get that one shot... believe me when I say, I respect what goes into your videos and web development and merchandising (procurement, warehousing, sales, & shipping)

You've always been my off-road hero.

I choose to chalk up this night as a weird glitch in communication between two friends.

I am new Jeeping. I will continue to check in and learn but I think it best for me not to "help out" with my comments.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Again, that is your choice. I've never asked of anything other than to just leave "other forums" out of the conversation. A very small request or at least, in my opinion anyway.

Walter

------------------
And it hurts me that you can't understand how hard I work to create the information that you've been inspired by and to provide a forum like this for you to use for free and learn from. While it may seem trivial to you, your "other forums" comments feel like a slap in my face
-------------------

I am truely sorry to have made you feel that way. It honestly never crossed my mind that my referencing other forums would have been degrading to your forum. It never even crossed my mind. I can imagine how this would make you feel annoyed.

I do know what it takes to do this... probably better than most people do. I know what it's like to have a box full of charged camera batteries and freshly emptied memory cards... I know what it's like to constantly monitor audio quality, sun glare, clean lenses, and even what people are saying on film and having to consider if what their saying is lawsuit material (lol), what's written on their t-shirts, their bumper stickers, working with local officials, permissions, paying for endless incidentals. Hours uploading, organizing files, working with web hosts, on and on it goes... I know... I've been there.

I acknowledge that what I posted was like a slap in your face. I never intended to cause that. For that I am sorry.

Please let me explain that I do not read all of the threads. I simply do not have the time. I just got back to South Carolina from a business trip to Germany. I went back to college at age 38 so I am now a robotics technician at the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC. Married with 3 kids and my wife does marketing for several companies and we share in homeschooling the kiddos. ...we don't get a lot of spare time. Lol, we've had the fully loaded JLUR for a month now and STILL haven't taken it off-road yet :/

That said, I just wanted to clarify (not why but) how I earned the first 2 corrections. I posted that dumb how-to about removing the JL doors.... not realizing that you had already made a full write-up on the process. Then I posted the JCR video on the front bumper winch plate... but I didn't know that JCR is considered to be the Taco Bell of the off road Mexican menu.

Again, I have made mistakes and I have embarrassed myself enough and annoyed you even more.

I would just like you to hear my side of these events and hear me apologize for all the mess.

Thank you for listening.

NFRs2000NYC

May I suggest you just let this go, send Eddie a nice private message, and simply learn that you don't bring outside food into someone else's restaurant. I once accidentally posted a photo with a watermark from another forum, not realizing that it wasn't THIS JLforum, the post was deleted, but I realized why, and never did it again. It was an honest mistake, but I didn't need to be told, I realized that I made an accidental faux pas. Enjoy this forum for what it is, a wealth of information, blunt truth, and good people....who unlike on most forums, dont really tolerate BS and bad attitudes. :thumb:

Walter

May I suggest you just let this go, send Eddie a nice private message, and simply learn that you don't bring outside food into someone else's restaurant. I once accidentally posted a photo with a watermark from another forum, not realizing that it wasn't THIS JLforum, the post was deleted, but I realized why, and never did it again. It was an honest mistake, but I didn't need to be told, I realized that I made an accidental faux pas. Enjoy this forum for what it is, a wealth of information, blunt truth, and good people....who unlike on most forums, dont really tolerate BS and bad attitudes. :thumb:
I totally agree. I've already let it go. I've been following everything Eddie has put online for 6 years. His material it's part of my family's life. I think of him as a friend. I totally meant no insult by my mistake. Thank you for for what you've said. :)

YAHAHA

Best post on this thread so far.

I love this site. It has so much information and the owners and members of the site bring a particular brand of humor that I find enjoyable. WJCO is a treasure!

Last edited: