Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I should not be a part of what you have created any farther

I feel like I should not be a part of what you have created any farther

The second battery, according to other forums, is for the auto-start function to "keep from killing your main battery in city driving stop-and-go's".

Originally posted here:
    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...battery-wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The second battery, according to other forums, is for the auto-start function to "keep from killing your main battery in city driving stop-and-go's".
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way but is it really necessary to say that you heard something on "other forums" to make your point?

It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you. You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.

I feel like I should not be a part of what you have created any farther.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you. You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.

Ah the ďitís not my fault card.Ē

If you have been told the same thing three times, donít you think itís you that has the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

I'm sorry for messing up your forum. Please forgive me.

It wasn't personal. I literally Googled "JL second battery". For soft credibility sake, I mentioned that it came from another forum. I do not specifically take this correction personally, but this is the 3rd time I have been corrected by you.
    It may not have been personal for you but I took it personally. If I really have "corrected" you more than once, I would hope that you could be a bit more understanding of my position here. Stating that you read something on "another forum" doesn't give you any credibility - it just makes you sound like you don't know anything other than how to regurgitating internet hearsay. You'd be better off saying "it is your understanding..." as that at least acknowledges that you not 100% sure and that is forgivable.

You have been a huge inspiration for off roading for me and I would even say that you have been the biggest influence. I am new to Jeeping... a total noob... and it hurts that I have followed you since 2012 and to have fallen so short of your expectations for forum members. Your continued criticism has turned my interactions with the elites a bit sour.
    And it hurts me that you can't understand how hard I work to create the information that you've been inspired by and to provide a forum like this for you to use for free and learn from. While it may seem trivial to you, your "other forums" comments feel like a slap in my face - like better information can be found elsewhere. Your continued unwillingness to acknowledge my requests has turned my interactions with a noob like you a bit sour.

Please feel free to do what you must. I wish only the best of luck to you.

Caught the Bug
    Letís stick to the original topic here: there are two separate batteries. They both do their own thing. One may or may not be dedicated to the auto start/stop system, but itís obvious that one is easily offended when the other battery is mentioned.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellico View Post
    but itís obvious that one is easily offended when the other battery is mentioned.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellico View Post
    Letís stick to the original topic here: there are two separate batteries. They both do their own thing. One may or may not be dedicated to the auto start/stop system, but itís obvious that one is easily offended when the other battery is mentioned.
    Cute..........

I'm sorry for messing up your forum. Please forgive me.

I can't even imagine the amount of time Eddie and Cindy spend keeping this place going. What's seen here on the forum and their other non-JL forums shows their passion for Jeeping. I can imagine all they're asking for is a little respect in how you share information that you've found elsewhere. And no one said that you've 'messed up' the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast