ON the GO PHOTOS : Miscellaneous Pics from Cindy & Eddie!

Onlyone

Eddie,

I might be missing it but do you have any other pics of your JL without the rear bumper? Different angles? Side pics? I’m thinking about just removing mine. Hoping to go with the EVO d rings like I did with my Jk. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

JTCO

Meme King
Eddie and Cindy, you two continue to do more to fuel my Jeep itch than any other sources combined. I dream about getting my next Jeep every day.... hopefully I can get it sooner rather later, and maybe even wheel with you someday

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

No kidding. A year ago I had no intentions of getting one. Now I definitely am. I actually talked to a salesman last week but wife isn't ready, lol. I will just keep talking about it until she gives in.

What are the new shocks? I know they are Ranchos, but what model? I'm thinking of some 9000's for my JK. I've got 5000X shocks on it now, but they are a little stiff for my liking, although they've done well off-road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie and Cindy, you two continue to do more to fuel my Jeep itch than any other sources combined. I dream about getting my next Jeep every day.... hopefully I can get it sooner rather later, and maybe even wheel with you someday

LOL!! Glad to hear it and it would be great if you could join us out on the trail someday :yup:

No kidding. A year ago I had no intentions of getting one. Now I definitely am. I actually talked to a salesman last week but wife isn't ready, lol. I will just keep talking about it until she gives in.

:cheesy: Resistance is futile :D

Sure looks like those Rancho shocks give more travel. Nice pics.

Turns out that they give about the same amount of travel as stock shocks with shock extensions - maybe 1/2" more droop. Of course, no extensions are needed with them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Love new shocks!

Thanks! These are definitely NEW shocks too :yup:

Looking good.

What are the new shocks? I know they are Ranchos, but what model? I'm thinking of some 9000's for my JK. I've got 5000X shocks on it now, but they are a little stiff for my liking, although they've done well off-road.

These are the all new RS5000X with DRS (Dynamic Rebound Spring) Technology that were specifically designed with the JL Wrangler in mind. Essentially, it's got a proprietary internal component that incorporates a spring that designed to provide better control, reduce body roll and help prevent rod over extension. At least, that's what I've been told. Need to do more testing to see how it all works. :yup:

These are the all new RS5000X with DRS (Dynamic Rebound Spring) Technology that were specifically designed with the JL Wrangler in mind. Essentially, it's got a proprietary internal component that incorporates a spring that designed to provide better control, reduce body roll and help prevent rod over extension. At least, that's what I've been told. Need to do more testing to see how it all works. :yup:

The 5000x shocks on my JK were installed in Moab in 2014. I ran a bunch of trails with them and they did very well. I've had thoughts of the 9000 so I can dial in a softer ride on the road, but the money just doesn't want to leap out of my pocket. They do handle well on the road, though, which is fun when running country roads with the doors off.

How do they ride on-road compared to the factory Rubi shocks. (Which I felt were very good, btw.)

One thing I love about what you are doing with that JL is showing how you can get outstanding performance without breaking into Fort Knox.

Keep us posted as to their performance on and off the road as you pile up the miles. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them!

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Thanks! These are definitely NEW shocks too :yup:

Nice! Wonder how they compare to the previous 5000’s.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 5000x shocks on my JK were installed in Moab in 2014. I ran a bunch of trails with them and they did very well. I've had thoughts of the 9000 so I can dial in a softer ride on the road, but the money just doesn't want to leap out of my pocket. They do handle well on the road, though, which is fun when running country roads with the doors off.

How do they ride on-road compared to the factory Rubi shocks. (Which I felt were very good, btw.)

Keep us posted as to their performance on and off the road as you pile up the miles. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them!

Most of ride quality comes from springs but paired up with the wrong shocks and you can feel it for sure. Like you, I was very pleased with the factory Rubicon shocks while still running stock especially driving fast off-road where you could really feel them doing their job. My problem with them came after installing our lift and bigger wheels/tires. As nice as they were stock, there were times when you could really feel them having a hard time keeping up with the additional weight.

That being said, on road, these new RS5000X's feel about the same as stock or at least, so far as I can tell. Testing them out on big rocks, they clearly have great travel and without having to run shock extensions. What I need to do is test them out on a long trail that's easy enough to move through it fast but rough enough to really test out how well the shocks absorb the bumps. Hope to do this soon.

One thing I love about what you are doing with that JL is showing how you can get outstanding performance without breaking into Fort Knox.

Thanks, glad to hear it. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Wonder how they compare to the previous 5000’s.

They still use the same Cross Tuned Technology that the recently redesigned RS5000X had, I think the same ones you're running now but added the new DRS technology into it. It's basically a "tuned metal spring" attached to the shock shaft and acts as both a bump stop absorber and an extension absorber. Essentially, helps to soften things up at max travel in both directions.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
They still use the same Cross Tuned Technology that the recently redesigned RS5000X had, I think the same ones you're running now but added the new DRS technology into it. It's basically a "tuned metal spring" attached to the shock shaft and acts as both a bump stop absorber and an extension absorber. Essentially, helps to soften things up at max travel in both directions.

Good deal. I’m actually running 7000’s now since last year. Lol I’ve had them all.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RMC2

You will have to make a post on the new Ranchos. I like the sound of them. Now add the 9000 adjuster with an external reservoir with a 2.5” body and woohoo. Always liked Ranchos.