ON the GO PHOTOS : Miscellaneous Pics from Cindy & Eddie!

LauraRose

IMHO, nothing beats radiant heat in a concrete floor. We installed it in every floor of our home including the basement & garage.
LOL - I've got a Kerosene/Diesel Forced Air Heater if that's what you mean :crazyeyes:

I need to install something more permanent one of these years.
IMHO, nothing beats radiant heat, especially in a cement floor. It's a very efficient method of heating - whether it's a garage, basement or any other space.

Laura Rose from PA

JTCO

Meme King
IMHO, nothing beats radiant heat in a concrete floor. We installed it in every floor of our home including the basement & garage. IMHO, nothing beats radiant heat, especially in a cement floor. It's a very efficient method of heating - whether it's a garage, basement or any other space.

Laura Rose from PA

Funny you mention that. I was just watching a video on that the other day. We're starting a garage remodel and that video came up. If we were laying a new slab, we would definitely do it.

LauraRose

Funny you mention that. I was just watching a video on that the other day. We're starting a garage remodel and that video came up. If we were laying a new slab, we would definitely do it.
I don't think you'd regret it!! It's nice to walk across a warm cement floor (in the basement) in your bare feet. We keep the garage temp just above freezing in the winter months, which melts the snow & ice of off our vehicles (don't forget the floor drains.) But when we want to use the garage to wrench on something, we turn the heat up to about 45 or 50 & it's perfect for working![emoji106] That big slab of heated cement stays warm for a long time.

Laura Rose from PA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
IMHO, nothing beats radiant heat, especially in a cement floor. It's a very efficient method of heating - whether it's a garage, basement or any other space.

Laura Rose from PA

Not sure if you can add that after the fact but that would be awesome.

LauraRose

Not sure if you can add that after the fact but that would be awesome.
Actually, there is a method of pouring a top layer of cement over existing cement (I think an inch or two - not sure tho) inside of which are wires that heat the cement... not sure what the weight limit of this setup would be & whether it's suitable for a garage.

Laura Rose from PA
** In this setup, electricity provides the heat instead of PEX through which hot water flows.

Last edited: