Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ON the GO PHOTOS : Miscellaneous Pics from Cindy & Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    So this happens when you offroad, because the body is moving around? This would be a concern when shopping for aftermarket bumpers. Would be interested to hear LOD for instance comment on this issue.
    I think it's a combination of things. Yes, the body mounts on the JL are like what the JK had and they're more of an isolator than a rubber puck like the TJ had. This offers a much nicer ride but does allow for a LOT more movement of the body. The other problem is that the bumper tends to move in it's mounts or at least, from what we've seen. A good hit or even dragging the bumper can cause it to move upward and bring it MUCH CLOSER to the body. Tightening the mounting nuts will help but I found it won't eliminate this problem.

Caught the Bug
    We don't have any protruding bolts like that in there Ours not only mounts in a more solid manner but also will not flex like the stock steel bumper, so this won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    So this happens when you offroad, because the body is moving around? This would be a concern when shopping for aftermarket bumpers. Would be interested to hear LOD for instance comment on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LoD Offroad View Post
    We don't have any protruding bolts like that in there Ours not only mounts in a more solid manner but also will not flex like the stock steel bumper, so this won't be an issue.
    Doesnít seem as though the factory steel bumper flexed. In fact, if it did, I think there would be bigger issues. I would assume more of the tub moving up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So nice. I want it.

Paint looks great too!

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Doesnít seem as though the factory steel bumper flexed. In fact, if it did, I think there would be bigger issues. I would assume more of the tub moving up and down.
    You know, Cindy and I were going through the footage we took in Moab and we could see where the rear bumper made contact with the body or at least, in one instance. It was going through the Golden crack and we were dragging the bumper through - very slowly and it looks like it shifted or moved in its mount and enough so to allow it to make contact. We'll be including it in our upcoming Moab video. Needless to say, I think this problem might be a combination of things but of course, we've removed ours so all is good now

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    You know, Cindy and I were going through the footage we took in Moab and we could see where the rear bumper made contact with the body or at least, in one instance. It was going through the Golden crack and we were dragging the bumper through - very slowly and it looks like it shifted or moved in its mount and enough so to allow it to make contact. We'll be including it in our upcoming Moab video. Needless to say, I think this problem might be a combination of things but of course, we've removed ours so all is good now
    Was that your factory rear bumper that did this?

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Was that your factory rear bumper that did this?
    If you can believe it, yes. Got a video we'll be posting up soon from our Moab trip. In it, we show what was going on or at least, in one instance anyway.

If you can believe it, yes. Got a video we'll be posting up soon from our Moab trip. In it, we show what was going on or at least, in one instance anyway.
    Do you feel like this is an issue that an aftermarket vendor could develop a reinforcement kit to fix?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I noticed that in the video. Was it the hardware that allowed it to move? Any idea. Weird issue.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast