Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: ON the GO PHOTOS : Miscellaneous Pics from Cindy & Eddie!

Even with a technical job and experience in metal work I imagine drilling and installing the nutserts into the body to be pretty risky. Do you make a How to video?
    I am thinking about how to seal the threads and prevent rubbing of the skins on the paint in the case of an impact, causing scratches and korrosion over the time. Are there isolators on the back or something soft?
    How do they keep up when you step on them?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    Even with a technical job and experience in metal work I imagine drilling and installing the nutserts into the body to be pretty risky. Do you make a How to video?
    I am thinking about how to seal the threads and prevent rubbing of the skins on the paint in the case of an impact, causing scratches and korrosion over the time. Are there isolators on the back or something soft?
    How do they keep up when you step on them?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    We'll have an install video of this coming soon. In it, I show how to do all this. In regards to some kind of isolator, I did not install one. Long ago, back when I still had my TJ, I installed body mounted rocker guards and used a gasket like material that was being sold at the time for something just like this - it was WORSE than just leaving well enough alone. The best thing I can recommend you do is to apply some RTV or other silicon sealant along the edges of the rocker guard. That will prevent dirt, small stones and/or debris from getting in between the rocker guards and body. Having done this on my JK has proven to work the best and I know because I've had to remove my skins in the past and see how things looked like underneath.

Thank you for the input! This siliconw sealant stuff was another option in my mind, just in case I drill my jeep into swiss cheese...
    On my YJ, I just bolted the guards on. But thats another thing than an more than 70k JL

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    We'll have an install video of this coming soon. In it, I show how to do all this. In regards to some kind of isolator, I did not install one. Long ago, back when I still had my TJ, I installed body mounted rocker guards and used a gasket like material that was being sold at the time for something just like this - it was WORSE than just leaving well enough alone. The best thing I can recommend you do is to apply some RTV or other silicon sealant along the edges of the rocker guard. That will prevent dirt, small stones and/or debris from getting in between the rocker guards and body. Having done this on my JK has proven to work the best and I know because I've had to remove my skins in the past and see how things looked like underneath.
    That and I put a bead of Clear RTV around the top perimeter of mine on my JK and there is no rust or anything behind there. Granted I live on the west coast and not the east.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    That and I put a bead of Clear RTV around the top perimeter of mine on my JK and there is no rust or anything behind there. Granted I live on the west coast and not the east.

Gotta love living out west!

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Finally found some time to get a shitty upgrade fixed

Attachment 9552
    That sucks. I thought they were supposed to be good shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by CarsonCindy View Post
    Bombs away!
    Attachment 9676

Really nice. Hope they will have those for my 2-door someday.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940