• Definitely would wait for a Diesel

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • I'd be happy just getting a Pentastar or Hurricane

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Neither. I might just look at a different vehicle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aldaman

I would test drive the 4cly turbo and if I like it, I may get it. If I'm disappointed I will hold out for the diesel...

BuckLisa

:cheesy: Sounds like a day after bad Mexican food :D

But seriously, I would imagine that the blowing smoke wouldn't be an issue but smell is a lot harder to control. Diesels today are much better at that but, they're still diesels.

More like in the 80's. We have a 2014 Grand Cherokee turbo diesel; fast, powerful and never any smoke. We get 27 mpg going 85

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Being a fan of Diesels for many reasons I would love to have one but I'm not convinced just yet that I'd want it with all the crawling on the trails out this way- torque would be amazing but it would have to burn pretty clean to be tolerable, I'm my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being a fan of Diesels for many reasons I would love to have one but I'm not convinced just yet that I'd want it with all the crawling on the trails out this way- torque would be amazing but it would have to burn pretty clean to be tolerable, I'm my opinion.

LOL!! Yep, there's nothing worse than being on the trail and getting stuck behind a guy with carb running rich or a stinky diesel. Hell, if you're crawling slow enough, you pretty much sit in your own stink.

DINKELROC

I'm looking at the diesel mostly for the mileage, my 07 Rubicon with 538 gears was barely managing 11 mpg. I can defiantly wait for the second production year to make sure everything gets smoothed out. If it doesn't look good for 2019 I'll get the Pentastar without hesitation. Going through withdraws until then.

Buster3479

While a diesel option sounds appealing for the potential increased torque, I've never wanted for power with my 3.6 if the gearing was right. Now pair that with an 8 speed auto and hopefully an even deeper first and maybe 2nd gear, I think I'll be even happier with the 3.6.

Boondocker Farms

Looking forward to a diesel, we had a Mercedes GL 350 Blue Tec, wonderful mileage, great power, no smell, DEF consumption was quite low......I think it was the same platform for the Grand Cherokee Diesel Option??

TxJeepers

I am planning to go with the 3.6. Supposedly it will be slightly improved and along with the 8 speed tranny it should be fine. I have been happy enough with it in my '12, '14 and '15. No thanks on a four banger and jury will still be out on the diesel or not even offered when I am ready to order a '19 later next year.

TrailHunter

I’ve been driving a diesel daily for 12 years and can honestly say that I prefer it over a gas engine. For towing, hauling and mileage its superior in my opinion and more fun to drive... (I am also still hopeful for a biodiesel future)... That being said, I will be looking forward to owning a JT one day with the diesel, but I love my JK with the 3.6....