First Ever Wrangler = 2018 JLUR

bullrush1v1

Just ordered my first ever Wrangler, maxed out on all of the features, minus smoker’s group, dual top and body colored fenders, all of which I’m no fan of. I’ve posted a picture of my order (I was able to negotiate the final price down to $51,600 but the dealership wouldn’t budge beyond that). A few questions for my new friends…

1. Did I get a fair price for my vehicle at $51,600?
2. Should I get a hood lock kit? (I live in NYC)
3. Should I get a locking fuel cap? (not sure how prevalent an issue this is today in NYC)

Being new to Wrangler and new to this forum, I’m sure I’ll have more questions over time, these are just what come to mind at the moment. I look forward to reading your comments here and in other posts in this forum as I draw upon your expertise to help make informed decisions for myself.

Enlight180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

Welcome and congrats on the JL. Since this is your first wrangler, appreciate that you are in fact getting a great jeep and should feel good about picking this model. I have a 2012 JK and now a 2018 JL. The JL is nicer on many fronts.

Hard to say on the locking features you asked about. I didn’t get either.

Hard also to say for sure on price. From my vantage point, that is a fair price, but make sure they don’t get you in finance or other “add ons” to jack the price.

Congrats again. [emoji106][emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you and welcome to JLWRANGLER! I think you got a fair price - probably about what I paid anyway. It's been a while since I lived in a big city so it's hard to say whether or not you'd need a hood lock and locking gas door. Hope you'll post up pics once you get your Jeep :thumb: