JET Li LIFTED PICS - EVO 2.5" JL Wrangler Boost Stage 4 Lift Kit

Sudz

Single bolt mounting?

Is there anything from keeping the front brake line relocation plate from spinning if it gets tugged on?

Drill and tap frame for a second bolt?

20180313111404-408f4fd0.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Single bolt mounting?

Is there anything from keeping the front brake line relocation plate from spinning if it gets tugged on?

Drill and tap frame for a second bolt?

Yup, just one bolt. You could drill and tap the frame but really, there's no need for it. Not like there wasn't just one bolt holding the brake line in place to begin with.

Sudz

Yup, just one bolt. You could drill and tap the frame but really, there's no need for it. Not like there wasn't just one bolt holding the brake line in place to begin with.
Well, yes and no. It's true that the OEM bracket only used one mounting bolt, but it also has a 'bent' tab that inserts into the frame that prevents it from spinning. Circled in red below. I guess time will tell.

JL_bracket2_zpsgxph6lfh.jpg

JL_bracket3_zpshmomzegc.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yes and no. It's true that the OEM bracket only used one mounting bolt, but it also has a 'bent' tab that inserts into the frame that prevents it from spinning. Circled in red below. I guess time will tell.

Well, if you're worried about it, you definitely have options to address it. Me, I worry about it IF it becomes an issue :yup:

RubiconNoob24

RubiconNoob24

Looks great!

How high does the top of your hood sit now with that setup?
(Just for reference cause it’s hard to tell how high it sits in pictures lol)
And when can we expect to see some more JL vids on YouTube?? You got me hooked and I’m itchin for more haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great!

How high does the top of your hood sit now with that setup?
(Just for reference cause it’s hard to tell how high it sits in pictures lol)
And when can we expect to see some more JL vids on YouTube?? You got me hooked and I’m itchin for more haha

Hmm, I’ll have to get a measurement of this when I get a chance. Do you want it closer to the windshield or at the nose?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

millercreek

I love watching what you are doing. In fact my EVO lift is on the way, cooper STT pros and KMC wheels arrived today. How did you address the speedometer and shift points for the 8 speed. Did you have the dealer flash to correct.