Well well well, lookie what’s been spotted again....

NFRs2000NYC

Photos snapped by AEV around their area....

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

I guess they are starting to make a bunch of them for long term testing. This should make it hard on those of you thinking if you should hold off your JL order haha

NFRs2000NYC

Ah gotcha, yea I kind of agree, it looks kind of funny. I think some much larger tires would put things into slightly better proportions though.

ATXdevil

IMO, wheelbase looks fine on the second photo but too short on the other 2 photos. Maybe it’s the angle or all that camo. Looking forward to more pics. On another note, I’ve seen a few Brute conversions out in the wild and I fell in love. Wayyyyy too expensive for my budget though. [emoji29]

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

I have asked AEV directly numerous times, and they point blank told me that they do not work with Jeep at all. :thinking:
They used to. Jeep used renditions of their hood and bumpers on almost all special editions until Jeep developed their own starting on the 10th anniversary Rubicon back in 2013. They have still used the bumpers and hood since then but on a more limited basis. Beyond that AEV doesn't work with Jeep. Esp not to develop new vehicles.

Sent via....

NFRs2000NYC

They used to. Jeep used renditions of their hood and bumpers on almost all special editions until Jeep developed their own starting on the 10th anniversary Rubicon back in 2013. They have still used the bumpers and hood since then but on a more limited basis. Beyond that AEV doesn't work with Jeep. Esp not to develop new vehicles.

Sent via....

I guess I should have said that they were a jeep supplier, but dont work with jeep for R&D, or get any sort of information to develop products (like bypassing encryptions to create a procal, etc). Thats what they told me.

13_gecko_rubi

I guess I should have said that they were a jeep supplier, but dont work with jeep for R&D, or get any sort of information to develop products (like bypassing encryptions to create a procal, etc). Thats what they told me.
Ah. Ya that is totally correct. Sorry I misunderstood

Sent via....

Brute

Looks really long. Wish the wheelbase was about 8” longer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Really? It seems like it's already longer than a JLU (or maybe it's just the angle)

Meaning I would prefer less overhang on the rear.

I'm suspecting the wheelbase will be close to a Brute, which is already pretty damn long at 139"...and yes, ALL pickups have a lousy departure angle...if you want less overhang, you're going to have to get out the sawzall...what I'm about to do to my Brute. The only way to get better breakover angle is to mount 40's and a decent suspension lift...after all, it is a truck

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm suspecting the wheelbase will be close to a Brute, which is already pretty damn long at 139"...and yes, ALL pickups have a lousy departure angle...if you want less overhang, you're going to have to get out the sawzall...what I'm about to do to my Brute. The only way to get better breakover angle is to mount 40's and a decent suspension lift...after all, it is a truck

Yes, and a hell of a capable truck. It may be the best of both worlds, for some people. I’m kind of excited to see one in action.