custom JLU tailgate table

dbungard

This is from my Show & Tell thread but also sharing here.

When I had my JKU I made this custom tailgate table from Starboard marine board. Basically HDPE plastic board, and a stainless piano hinge and hardware from Lowes and some paracord. Just have to drill a few small holes in the plastic tailgate cover to feed the paracord through to secure it to features on the metal behind it. About $35 in parts. I use it for cutting, cooking with an MSR backpacking stove, etc. I put extra loops of in the paracord supports and ends so I can hang utensils and garbage bags and such. I also embedded some magnets into the face of the board when opened to hold knife blades in place and keep from sliding around or off.

It folds up and secured with a cinch-lock through the middle hole I have drilled in the board, or backup security from the Nite-Ize adjustable bungee that goes to loops tied into the paracord supports.

I also think its great that Jeep designed in a flat cup rest on the new JLU tailgates on the top right.

Attachments

• Table_open2.jpg
    Table_open2.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Table_open.jpg
    Table_open.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 438
  • Table_closed 2.jpg
    Table_closed 2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 450
  • Table_closed.jpg
    Table_closed.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 456

BanitoMAJITO

This is from my Show & Tell thread but also sharing here.

When I had my JKU I made this custom tailgate table from Starboard marine board. Basically HDPE plastic board, and a stainless piano hinge and hardware from Lowes and some paracord. Just have to drill a few small holes in the plastic tailgate cover to feed the paracord through to secure it to features on the metal behind it. About $35 in parts. I use it for cutting, cooking with an MSR backpacking stove, etc. I put extra loops of in the paracord supports and ends so I can hang utensils and garbage bags and such. I also embedded some magnets into the face of the board when opened to hold knife blades in place and keep from sliding around or off.

It folds up and secured with a cinch-lock through the middle hole I have drilled in the board, or backup security from the Nite-Ize adjustable bungee that goes to loops tied into the paracord supports.

I also think its great that Jeep designed in a flat cup rest on the new JLU tailgates on the top right.

Notice the spot for a tall boy next to the table on the tail gate??IMG_5058.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app