Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State with the most Jeeps

Caught the Bug

State with the most Jeeps

Is there a breakdown of sales of Wranglers by state?

Iím in Florida, probably one of the flattest states around. Yet other than maybe California i would bet we have more Wranglers here than just about any other state.

Must be our weather.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last statistics I saw when I was still with FCA said that there were more Jeeps registered per capita in Texas, followed by (if I remember correctly) California

Caught the Bug
    That would make sense. Texas has a fairly warm climate, a large rugged state, with a ton of people.

Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    That would make sense. Texas has a fairly warm climate, a large rugged state, with a ton of people.
    Keep in mind that's not just wranglers. That number is for Cherokee, Renegade, Grand Cherokee, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, etc new and old.

As for just wranglers, I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say it wouldn't change.

Caught the Bug
    Iím telling you. Spend a week in FL and youíd be amazed at how many Wranglers are here. I think all the YJs and TJs have moved south and donít get me started on JKUs. Itís getting to the point where I see more Wranglers than Camrys.

Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    Iím telling you. Spend a week in FL and youíd be amazed at how many Wranglers are here. I think all the YJs and TJs have moved south and donít get me started on JKUs. Itís getting to the point where I see more Wranglers than Camrys.

I'm sure Florida has a lot of Wranglers due to the weather year round.

Fun fact - FCA uses state by state vehicle registry data to target where they should play their commercials more, where they should do more mailers, etc. You're way more likely to see way more Jeep advertising on TV, online, on billboards, etc in Texas than you are in Maine. The cool part is they make the data accessible to the dealerships just for shits and giggles

Caught the Bug
    We see a lot of Cherokee, GC, compass, renegade adverts here. Itís funny though, itís almost impossible to find any of those on a dealer lot in 4x4. Almost everything sold outside of a Wrangler here is 2 wheel dr.

I had to buy from a dealership in SC to get my wifeís hemi GC 4x4 high Altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Last statistics I saw when I was still with FCA said that there were more Jeeps registered per capita in Texas, followed by (if I remember correctly) California
    Yup, this sounds about right to me. I would have thought that there were more in CA but I do think TX has the most.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yup, this sounds about right to me. I would have thought that there were more in CA but I do think TX has the most.
    I think part of the reason Texas is on top is because of it's sheer size. I guarantee that if we pulled statistics for any make/model per capita we would find Texas very close to the top.

I cant go 5 minutes down the road without seeing at least one wrangler. Jeep in general is seen everywhere you turn your head. Hell, my company is only about 80 employees and there are 6 wrangler drivers plus a couple other models in the parking lot. Oh, and I am in a rural area outside of Houston. So I would have to agree with TX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast