State with the most Jeeps

JLU_RUBI

Is there a breakdown of sales of Wranglers by state?

I’m in Florida, probably one of the flattest states around. Yet other than maybe California i would bet we have more Wranglers here than just about any other state.

Must be our weather.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

longarmwj

Last statistics I saw when I was still with FCA said that there were more Jeeps registered per capita in Texas, followed by (if I remember correctly) California

longarmwj

That would make sense. Texas has a fairly warm climate, a large rugged state, with a ton of people.

Keep in mind that's not just wranglers. That number is for Cherokee, Renegade, Grand Cherokee, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, etc new and old.

As for just wranglers, I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say it wouldn't change.

JLU_RUBI

I’m telling you. Spend a week in FL and you’d be amazed at how many Wranglers are here. I think all the YJs and TJs have moved south and don’t get me started on JKUs. It’s getting to the point where I see more Wranglers than Camrys.

longarmwj

I’m telling you. Spend a week in FL and you’d be amazed at how many Wranglers are here. I think all the YJs and TJs have moved south and don’t get me started on JKUs. It’s getting to the point where I see more Wranglers than Camrys.

I'm sure Florida has a lot of Wranglers due to the weather year round.

Fun fact - FCA uses state by state vehicle registry data to target where they should play their commercials more, where they should do more mailers, etc. You're way more likely to see way more Jeep advertising on TV, online, on billboards, etc in Texas than you are in Maine. The cool part is they make the data accessible to the dealerships just for shits and giggles

JLU_RUBI

We see a lot of Cherokee, GC, compass, renegade adverts here. It’s funny though, it’s almost impossible to find any of those on a dealer lot in 4x4. Almost everything sold outside of a Wrangler here is 2 wheel dr.

I had to buy from a dealership in SC to get my wife’s hemi GC 4x4 high Altitude.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last statistics I saw when I was still with FCA said that there were more Jeeps registered per capita in Texas, followed by (if I remember correctly) California

Yup, this sounds about right to me. I would have thought that there were more in CA but I do think TX has the most.

longarmwj

Yup, this sounds about right to me. I would have thought that there were more in CA but I do think TX has the most.

I think part of the reason Texas is on top is because of it's sheer size. I guarantee that if we pulled statistics for any make/model per capita we would find Texas very close to the top.

WikedLizard

I cant go 5 minutes down the road without seeing at least one wrangler. Jeep in general is seen everywhere you turn your head. Hell, my company is only about 80 employees and there are 6 wrangler drivers plus a couple other models in the parking lot. Oh, and I am in a rural area outside of Houston. So I would have to agree with TX.

PaulNY

I realize NY, especially upstate NY, pales in comparison to Texas or Cali regarding Jeep numbers, but I am surprised how many Wranglers I see around. There again, I never really noticed until I became a Jeep owner, but now I see them quite often. However, I bet they are a dime a dozen in the warm states as mentioned.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I realize NY, especially upstate NY, pales in comparison to Texas or Cali regarding Jeep numbers, but I am surprised how many Wranglers I see around. There again, I never really noticed until I became a Jeep owner, but now I see them quite often. However, I bet they are a dime a dozen in the warm states as mentioned.

Having grown up in central NY and traveling around the state, it pales in comparison to California.

Ryanlh33

Is there a breakdown of sales of Wranglers by state?

I’m in Florida, probably one of the flattest states around. Yet other than maybe California i would bet we have more Wranglers here than just about any other state.

Must be our weather.

I live in the Clear Lake area south east of Houston, Texas near NASA and I cant go anywhere without seeing many, many a Jeep Wranglers. I would say 1 out of every 10 vehicles I see just in my small area of Clear Lake is a wrangler. I travel all over Texas and there are more Wranglers than you could count. If there is a state that has more wranglers than Texas then wow... My girlfriend and I play this game when we are driving that whenever we see a wrangler the first one to call out "WRANGLER" wins...lol. Sometimes there are so many we just have to stop out of exhaustion...hahaha...but really.