Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Stepping into Bigger Shoes / KMC XD231 Beadlock Install

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thanks Rachel, we really like them a lot
    A question about the TPMS sensors. Did you get Mopar replacements or order aftermarket from somewhere like Amazon? I’m about to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires for my JLUR, and wondered about the sensors. I’m looking to sell my factory wheels and tires as is, without pulling the sensors and installing on the new wheels. If you ordered aftermarket, what is the “re-marrying” sensors to Jeep process like? Or does it make more sense to reuse the factory units?

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by RustyE View Post
    A question about the TPMS sensors. Did you get Mopar replacements or order aftermarket from somewhere like Amazon? I’m about to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires for my JLUR, and wondered about the sensors. I’m looking to sell my factory wheels and tires as is, without pulling the sensors and installing on the new wheels. If you ordered aftermarket, what is the “re-marrying” sensors to Jeep process like? Or does it make more sense to reuse the factory units?

Rusty
    I just got aftermarket ones like these: https://amzn.to/2LLA1tn

You just install them and go.

I just got aftermarket ones like these: https://amzn.to/2LLA1tn

You just install them and go.
    Thanks for the info. And as always thanks for the wonderful forum and great advice!

Rusty

Just saw the video and am truly impressed. Thanks for posting it for the rest of us. One question: did you get the tires/wheels balanced or did you use balancing beads? Didn’t know if the beads that some use would work with the TPMS sensors. Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDJL69 View Post
    Just saw the video and am truly impressed. Thanks for posting it for the rest of us. One question: did you get the tires/wheels balanced or did you use balancing beads? Didn’t know if the beads that some use would work with the TPMS sensors. Thanks,
    1st, beads are snake oil and I wouldn't waste your time with them. 2nd, not all tires require balancing and so far, these tires are pretty round and I haven't found a need for it. 3rd. IF balancing is needed, I would have a shop use tape weights.

Thanks. Appreciate the information and wise advice.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    sorry to bring up an old thread but i just replaced my wheels on my rubicon and bought aftermarket tpms sensors drove around till they started to read the pressures. problem im having is the warning light blinks for about a minute then stays on indicating a problem. but the evic is showing the correct tire pressures and the pressures change while driving like it should just the light wont go out.. did you have any issues with the warning light i have made sure the pressures where above the 36psi

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    1st, beads are snake oil and I wouldn't waste your time with them. 2nd, not all tires require balancing and so far, these tires are pretty round and I haven't found a need for it. 3rd. IF balancing is needed, I would have a shop use tape weights.
    Wait wait, so when you mounted your STT pros on your beadlocks, you didnt balance them and have no issues driving on road at 75mph? I was going to ask you about that, but you opened the door so now is as good a time as any.

Didn’t have to balance any of my 5, same setup and just got back from 3300 mile road trip with off roading. They are still smooth rolling at 75mph.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max

Quote Originally Posted by diaxio View Post
    sorry to bring up an old thread but i just replaced my wheels on my rubicon and bought aftermarket tpms sensors drove around till they started to read the pressures. problem im having is the warning light blinks for about a minute then stays on indicating a problem. but the evic is showing the correct tire pressures and the pressures change while driving like it should just the light wont go out.. did you have any issues with the warning light i have made sure the pressures where above the 36psi
    I have a Tazer and set my psi threshold at the lowest setting it allows which is about 25 psi. I run my tires at about 28-30 psi and have no issues with the warning light. With what you're seeing, are the psi numbers in red or in white? Could be you're just too close to the lowest setting from factory.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast