Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Stepping into Bigger Shoes / KMC XD231 Beadlock Install

  1. #1
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644

    JL JOURNAL : Stepping into Bigger Shoes / KMC XD231 Beadlock Install

    It's hard to image there was once a time when 33" tires were considered to be BIG, especially when the all new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicons come with them standard and right from the factory. In fact, when it came time for Cindy and I to start thinking about building up JET Li, it was pretty easy for us to skip 35's and go straight to a set of 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. As far as wheels go, we pretty much always run beadlocks and we were really happy to see that KMC had just come out with their all new XD231 Robby Gordon Race wheels. As luck would have it, they are made in a 17x8.5, come with a nice 4.75" of back spacing, are available in a 5x5 bolt pattern and even have mounting holes that will fit the larger 14mm studs that now come on the JL Wrangler. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what it takes to install these beadlock wheels and tires. We hope you find this video to be helpful and informative and we thank you for watching.



    To see a written version of this installation write-up complete with detailed photos, please click on the link below:
    KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheel & Cooper STT Pro Installation Write-Up


  2. #2
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,684
    Need to turn YouTube on the tv now.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,684
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Cool! Hope you enjoy
    Can you install the bead locks on Tinaís jeep? Iím already dreading it. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Can you install the bead locks on Tinaís jeep? Iím already dreading it. Lol
    LOL!! Installing beadlocks do kinda suck.

  6. #6
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,246
    Looks fun

  7. #7
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    2,022
    Oh man! Iíve really got to get after my savings, and get that JL here!


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Hooked TrailHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Oh man! Iíve really got to get after my savings, and get that JL here!


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Now that you're "Wranglerless"... I give you a month... Tops.

  9. #9

    Stepping into Bigger Shoes

    What size lift are you going to use, and will it me a Mopar Lift?

    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It's hard to image there was once a time when 33" tires were considered to be BIG, especially when the all new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicons come with them standard and right from the factory. In fact, when it came time for Cindy and I to start thinking about building up JET Li, it was pretty easy for us to skip 35's and go straight to a set of 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. As far as wheels go, we pretty much always run beadlocks and we were really happy to see that KMC had just come out with their all new XD231 Robby Gordon Race wheels. As luck would have it, they are made in a 17x8.5, come with a nice 4.75" of back spacing, are available in a 5x5 bolt pattern and even have mounting holes that will fit the larger 14mm studs that now come on the JL Wrangler. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what it takes to install these beadlock wheels and tires. We hope you find this video to be helpful and informative and we thank you for watching.



    To see a written version of this installation write-up complete with detailed photos, please click on the link below:
    KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheel & Cooper STT Pro Installation Write-Up


  10. #10
    Very much enjoyed your video!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •