Purple JLUR Build

mnrafter

Blackvue Dashcam System

So another Mod that is happening: Today we purchased a Blackvue Dash Cam System. We decided on the 750S - 2ch version. We chose the 64GB version. This will record 1080p both front and rear. The front will record at 60fps and the rear will record at 30 fps. It will also record in Park Mode, such it sense a collision or intrusion.

Here is a link to the Blackvue Dashcam System:

https://www.blackvue.com/product/dr750s-2ch/

In addition, we are adding a Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery. We will hardwire this into the Jeep's electrical system. Rather than rely on the vehicles battery, we are using this battery to power the dash cams when the vehicle is parked. This is an outstanding battery and will power the cameras for up to 24 hours.

Here is a link to the Blackvue Power Magic Ultra:

https://www.blackvue.com/product/power-magic-ultra-battery-b-124/

Our beast is slowly coming together. We have a lot of work to do once the vehicle is done at the wrappers. We are so excited!!

Last edited:

mnrafter

Current Mod Status!

So here is the status of all the current Mods:

Installed:
Mopar (OEM) Tailgate Reinforcement System

Arrive & Awaiting Installation:
Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery
Winch & Grill Guard Hoop
Warn Zeon 10s Winch
Antennax 13" Off Road Antenna
Rusty's Winch Plate (currently at Linex for coating)
Black Sill Guards
Power Cable for CB

Still awaiting arrival:
JLUR to be Wrapped in Purple (in progress photos coming)
Blackvue 750S 2CH Camera System
35" Goodyear Duratrac Tires
Lux Lighting System Rock Lights For Jeep
Firestix Mounting System for the CB
OEM Third Light Relocation System
Rubicon & Wrangler Unlimited Decals for post Wrapping
7" Off Road Lights and Hoop Mounts (OEM)
5" Off Road Lights and A Pillar Mounts

Last edited:

mnrafter

New Wheels In Sight!

We are currently debating.....and most likely will order Fuel Off-Road Beast D564 wheels the early part of next week. We had these on our 2013 JKUR and they look awesome. We were originally thinking of sticking with the OEM wheels, but after looking at all the JLUR's with stock wheels, we are re-thinking this plan. I have searched the Internet high and low for a descent price. Most every outlet is pricing these at $225/ea or $1125 for 5. I did acquire a quote from an online dealer mrwheeldeal.com. They quoted $1065 for the set.

Link to the Fuel Off-Road site that shows these wheels:
http://www.fueloffroad.com/beast-d564-w-19186.htm

mnrafter

New Shoes!

So..I pulled the trigger once again. I really hate waiting for this vehicle to be done!

Today I ordered XD231 17x8.5 Black Satin Beadlock Wheels. Every place I looked, they were running $318. I ended up finding this website that had them for just over $265. A link to the website is below, as well as a link to the XD231's.

Manufacture's website:
http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheel/43919/xd231-rg-race

Where I bought the wheels. They show $318 until you put them in the cart. Then the price drops to $265.39:
https://www.discountedwheelwarehous...bicon+4WD+&vid=74443&t=O&partno=XD23178550700

Last edited:

mnrafter

Wrapping Like a Xmas Present!

Well, we stopped by Pristine Detail in St. Paul, MN today on our way home from work. We wanted to get an idea of how this JLUR is going to look as an end product. WOW, we am amazed at the attention to detail that they are taking on this project. They have so much dismantled. I honestly believe that you will not be able to tell that this is a wrapped vehicle when it is completed. Here are some photos I took today. The color is a bit quirky as the lighting is not very conducive to a photoshoot, but we are sure you can get an idea!...AMAZING!!!!! Oh, and the piece of wrapping over the rear passenger wheel is just a sample. More on that later! Enjoy!

_96A5674-2.jpg_96A5682-2.jpg_96A5683-2.jpg_96A5690-2.jpg_96A5697-2.jpg_96A5699-2.jpg_96A5704-2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we stopped by Pristine Detail in St. Paul, MN today on our way home from work. We wanted to get an idea of how this JLUR is going to look as an end product. WOW, we am amazed at the attention to detail that they are taking on this project. They have so much dismantled. I honestly believe that you will not be able to tell that this is a wrapped vehicle when it is completed. Here are some photos I took today. The color is a bit quirky as the lighting is not very conducive to a photoshoot, but we are sure you can get an idea!...AMAZING!!!!! Oh, and the piece of wrapping over the rear passenger wheel is just a sample. More on that later! Enjoy!

View attachment 2138View attachment 2139View attachment 2140View attachment 2141View attachment 2142View attachment 2143View attachment 2144

I used to own a purple 1998 Jimmy so I’m a big fan. Looks great.

ChicagoJL

Looks great. I'm curious how they'll handle the hinges. Please take a few shots of the hinges??

Live Life, Live Love, LoveSexy...

YAHAHA

That looks awesome. Are they pulling the top to wrap the back end of the Jeep?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

YAHAHA

I know the yellow is just tape but with that color purple, some yellow pinstripes following the body lines would look awesome!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

mnrafter

Wrap is complete!

After owning a 2013 JKUR for 5 years, we decided that it was time to upgrade to the new 2018 JlUR. We, felt it was important to share our experience with other JL owners out there, as we decided to do something totally off the wall. We were going to wrap the body in PURPLE vinyl.

We placed our order 2-16-2018 at Fury Motors, #carsbymandie, in Stillwater, MN. We have the most amazing dealership, as they decided to take on the task of finding a company to wrap the vehicle. This helped us, as it put burden into the hands of qualified people, rather than trying to do this ourselves.

We ordered a fully loaded JLUR with every option, other than the Smoker Group and the Hard Top Headliner. We did decide on Black Clear Coat with Tan Leather interior. We did not want the red dash option.

We followed our JLUR through the build process, all the way up to the delivery to our dealership.

Our vehicle arrived on 4-5-2018. Not bad, seeing how it was only 46 days from order to arrival. Of course, we had to stop at the dealership and take photos of the vehicle hours after it arrived.

That day the dealership also installed the Tailgate Reinforcement kit, knowing that we were going to add larger tires and wheels. The following day our JLUR went to Pristine Detail, located in St. Paul, MN. Pristine Detail had already dropped off color samples, so they were well aware of the color that we wanted.

Over the next couple of weeks, they dismantled pretty much every part of the exterior of our baby. The fenders, the window moldings, the door handles, the entire tailgate, etc. I think you get the drift. Then, they began to transform our black JLUR into something that is short of amazing.

Finally, on 4-30-2018, our JLUR was delivered back to the dealership. Upon arrival they began the process of putting 35" tires, (Goodyear Duratrac 315/70R17), onto the stock wheels and re-calibrated the speedometer for the larger tires. They added the winch and grill guard hoop and 7" Mopar OEM lights and mounts. They also finished the adding the additional two items for the tailgate reinforcement, The CHMSL relocation kit (Brake light), and the oversized spare tire carrier.
After a thorough washing and detailing, we finally got the call. Our new 2018 JLUR was ready for delivery. WOW, what an amazing process. They were awesome and the work has been nothing short of amazing. Here are the photos taken upon delivery and once we had the JLUR back home:

IMG_7454.jpgIMG_7457.jpgIMG_7461.jpgIMG_7464.jpgIMG_7470.jpgIMG_7476.jpgIMG_7480.jpgIMG_7486.jpgIMG_7489.jpgIMG_7495.jpgIMG_7497.jpgIMG_7522.jpgIMG_7525.jpgIMG_7527.jpg

Our JLUR looks amazing. It far exceeded our expectations. The wrap is so original that when we drive down the road, so many people are gawking, When we pass another Wrangler owner, we can see the confusion on their faces! It is actually quite fun. It draws more attention than our 2013 Orange Crush JKUR ever did!

There are so many more mods coming. I encourage you all to continue to watch the process as it unravels!

Patrick & Wendy

Last edited:

mnrafter

Our Weekend Naked!

Here are photos from our Memorial Day weekend running naked! The JL is so awesome stripped!

Attachments

• IMG_8328.jpg
    IMG_8328.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_8329.jpg
    IMG_8329.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8334.jpg
    IMG_8334.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8337.jpg
    IMG_8337.jpg