Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speedo recalibration.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I think I am just barely over 120 miles. Havenít aired down yet obviously.

How bad is the TPMS warning. Is it only in that tpms screen view or a light on cluster even if not in the tpms module screen. Hope that makes sense.
    How is that possible after almost two weeks??

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    How is that possible after almost two weeks??

I know right. Iíve never had the luxury of two vehicles. Iím now up to 235 on the JL as I needed to go into the Pasadena office.

Fresh Catch
    Older thread and my first post, new here and to Jeep so hope I get enough here and it's the right place. I bought a 19 JLU Sport and had the 2" Mopar lift added with larger wheel and tires. I live west of Seattle and asked 2 closest dealers and neither had a clue how to do this.
    1. Is this still possible, if so who do I need to talk to? Both dealers I talked to Asst Service Managers. If anyone knows dealer up this way or who to talk to that would help.
    2. Is it better to scrap dealer and use an aftermarket device like Tazer? Same result this way? Also, never used aftermarket items but watched the videos, how easy to reset/unmarry before dealer work, if needed?
    3. I see about 4-5 mph difference at hifhway speeds and 2-4 from 25-50 mph.
    Thanks for any responses or help in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hey all I just saw this open thread and think it might be old. Doesnít the Tazer allow to reset all this?

Quote Originally Posted by EricSPNW View Post
    Older thread and my first post, new here and to Jeep so hope I get enough here and it's the right place. I bought a 19 JLU Sport and had the 2" Mopar lift added with larger wheel and tires. I live west of Seattle and asked 2 closest dealers and neither had a clue how to do this.
    1. Is this still possible, if so who do I need to talk to? Both dealers I talked to Asst Service Managers. If anyone knows dealer up this way or who to talk to that would help.
    2. Is it better to scrap dealer and use an aftermarket device like Tazer? Same result this way? Also, never used aftermarket items but watched the videos, how easy to reset/unmarry before dealer work, if needed?
    3. I see about 4-5 mph difference at hifhway speeds and 2-4 from 25-50 mph.
    Thanks for any responses or help in advance.

Get the tazer to reprogram to the correct tire size. This will fix your speedo. The tazer will not need to be unmarried for simple adjustment like tire size for the dealer to do warranty work. If anything it will make diagnosing easier because then all the sensors will be reading correctly.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Get the tazer to reprogram to the correct tire size. This will fix your speedo. The tazer will not need to be unmarried for simple adjustment like tire size for the dealer to do warranty work. If anything it will make diagnosing easier because then all the sensors will be reading correctly.

Fresh Catch

Speedo recalibration.

I have gone to 35 Toyoís. My cruise and gps unit read exactly the same speeds on my 2020. Rubicon. The soeedo is 2 mph faster at 70 than my gps. I thought usually when going up tire sizes the speedo will read slower.

Donít know how that is, but I am okay with it being this close, so I didnít adjust for tire size. I wonder if the speedo now is completely electronic and GPS based.

I still needed the Tazer for my TPMS for sure. Also like the other things I can do with it.

Last edited by klastinger; 08-01-2020 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klastinger View Post
    I have gone to 35 Toyoís. My cruise and gps unit read exactly the same speeds on my 2020. Rubicon. The soeedo is 2 mph faster at 70 than my gps. I thought usually when going up tire sizes the speedo will read slower.

Donít know how that is, but I am okay with it being this close, so I didnít adjust for tire size. I wonder if the speedo now is completely electronic and GPS based.

I still needed the Tazer for my TPMS for sure. Also like the other things I can do with it.

Putting in the right tire size is mainly for the transmission. It gets the shift points back close to stock. It does help with the speedo tho

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Putting in the right tire size is mainly for the transmission. It gets the shift points back close to stock. It does help with the speedo tho
    Seems to shift fine at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234