Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedo recalibration.

Speedo recalibration.

Seems Jeep has a way now to fix the speedo issue. I called my dealer in Grand Junctio, Co and they said they are only going to charge 1/2 hour labor. So $55. I was going to wait for the Procal but thatís a pretty good price so Iíll pay it. Iíll let everyone know how it goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Really, just $55?? I'm taking my JL into the dealership tomorrow and I was told it was going to cost $125. I know that JeepFan has already gotten his JL calibrated and he was charged $125 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Really, just $55?? I'm taking my JL into the dealership tomorrow and I was told it was going to cost $125. I know that JeepFan has already gotten his JL calibrated and he was charged $125 as well.
    I was expecting that too but she said they are only charging 1/2 hour which she explained is $55. We shall see.
    2018 JLUR SOLD

Iím just looking forward to a Procal for the TPMS.
    2018 JLUR SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    I was expecting that too but she said they are only charging 1/2 hour which she explained is $55. We shall see.
    Don't get me wrong. That'd be awesome if that's all you have to pay

You and me both! Nice that the dealership can do this but it'd be nice to lower the psi on the TPMS.

$125. Really. And I thought it was gonna be reasonable in price. A JL is already kinda pricy.

I guess it is like getting a dealer to reflash a 430N in a JK for backup camera. Some are free and some a couple hundred.

At least it is a service that was programmed to be offered in the first place.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Probably the same or similar to a diagnostics fee. They still have to hook it up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    That would be nice but Iím guessing it may be a long wait. Jeep, like many others, has made it much harder to ďhackĒ the computer. If theyíve really gotten serious about it, and they may very well have, then it could easily be almost impossible for anyone to make a Procal-like device.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Probably the same or similar to a diagnostics fee. They still have to hook it up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    This^^ I know at my shop my boss charges an hour labor anytime we need to use the scan tool if the CEL is on to help point us in the right direction if the needed repair isnít obvious. Even if itís for 15 mins

Might be worth waiting on a re-calibration. I have been trying to get mine done at the local dealer apparently you have to buy a MVP plan, once that registers to the vehicle they can then upload a new program to re calibrate. My dealer was trying to get mine done but was having issues. I picked it up because they were going to have to work with Mopar and have me bring it back. I just thought for shits and giggles I would check to see how bad it was off now that I had driven for a week because some had made the comment that the JL could adjust up to 10% in tire change on its own. Now like you all probably are I rolled my eyes at this. However after checking with two phone gps and a road side speed sign my Jeep JL has calibrated itself for my 37" tires for the speedometer to be correct.

I was so confused I called the dealer asking if he was sure they didn't just think it did not work. The service manager said they never even touched mine they were still trying to just get their computer to download the new software. So I say check your vehicle before paying to re-calibrate you may be surprised. Trust me I have checked and double checked at speeds from 45pm-70mph with phones and road side speed signs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast