Speedo recalibration.

I think so. At least, I think that's what I heard. I should note that includes gear ratio changes too.

For most people, a one time service is all they'll need and for the price, it really isn't too bad.

Can they also change the TPMS limits? I'd like to lower it to 25 or even 20lbs before it shows a warning.

JAGS

Unfortunately, no.

I think I am just barely over 120 miles. Haven’t aired down yet obviously. [emoji30]

How bad is the TPMS warning. Is it only in that tpms screen view or a light on cluster even if not in the tpms module screen. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think I am just barely over 120 miles. Haven’t aired down yet obviously. [emoji30]

How bad is the TPMS warning. Is it only in that tpms screen view or a light on cluster even if not in the tpms module screen. Hope that makes sense.

When you first start your engine, you get a warning on your infotainment screen and the screen in the center of your dash cluster shows all the tires that are low. If you scroll past the screen, you will still have the TPMS indicator light on.

PaulNY

So that I am crystal clear, if my rig hasn't updated itself which I will check tomorrow via GPS, you guys are saying that I can go to my local dealer and tell them to enter the "caltire350" code into my system to correct the speedo for my 35" tires? This will cost me $125 for the MVP contract and I get two calibrations? Just want to make sure I am 100% on this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So that I am crystal clear, if my rig hasn't updated itself which I will check tomorrow via GPS, you guys are saying that I can go to my local dealer and tell them to enter the "caltire350" code into my system to correct the speedo for my 35" tires? This will cost me $125 for the MVP contract and I get two calibrations? Just want to make sure I am 100% on this.

Unless you've had your dealership calibrate your speedo, it WILL be off. The cost to have the re-calibrate things is $125 and yes, you get 2 calibrations.

PaulNY

Unless you've had your dealership calibrate your speedo, it WILL be off. The cost to have the re-calibrate things is $125 and yes, you get 2 calibrations.

So Eddie, do I call the MVP number and pay the fee, or do I simply take my vehicle to the dealer, and they call to get the MVP contract and then re-calibrate? I assume most dealers aren't even aware of this and am trying to get all my ammo before I head there. Thanks for clarification.

13_gecko_rubi

So Eddie, do I call the MVP number and pay the fee, or do I simply take my vehicle to the dealer, and they call to get the MVP contract and then re-calibrate? I assume most dealers aren't even aware of this and am trying to get all my ammo before I head there. Thanks for clarification.

You go to the dealer and they do it there. They all got instructions several weeks ago and it is posted in their system. They should easily be able to figure it out. You have to go though as the MVP contract adds a sales code to FCAs system then they reflash the vehicle to add it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You go to the dealer and they do it there. They all got instructions several weeks ago and it is posted in their system. They should easily be able to figure it out. You have to go though as the MVP contract adds a sales code to FCAs system then they reflash the vehicle to add it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yup, what he said ^^^^

I was able to get the instructions that Carson City Jeep got and I'd be surprised if your dealership couldn't figure it out. It's really simple stuff.

EricSPNW

Older thread and my first post, new here and to Jeep so hope I get enough here and it's the right place. I bought a 19 JLU Sport and had the 2" Mopar lift added with larger wheel and tires. I live west of Seattle and asked 2 closest dealers and neither had a clue how to do this.
1. Is this still possible, if so who do I need to talk to? Both dealers I talked to Asst Service Managers. If anyone knows dealer up this way or who to talk to that would help.
2. Is it better to scrap dealer and use an aftermarket device like Tazer? Same result this way? Also, never used aftermarket items but watched the videos, how easy to reset/unmarry before dealer work, if needed?
3. I see about 4-5 mph difference at hifhway speeds and 2-4 from 25-50 mph.
Thanks for any responses or help in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Older thread and my first post, new here and to Jeep so hope I get enough here and it's the right place. I bought a 19 JLU Sport and had the 2" Mopar lift added with larger wheel and tires. I live west of Seattle and asked 2 closest dealers and neither had a clue how to do this.
1. Is this still possible, if so who do I need to talk to? Both dealers I talked to Asst Service Managers. If anyone knows dealer up this way or who to talk to that would help.
2. Is it better to scrap dealer and use an aftermarket device like Tazer? Same result this way? Also, never used aftermarket items but watched the videos, how easy to reset/unmarry before dealer work, if needed?
3. I see about 4-5 mph difference at hifhway speeds and 2-4 from 25-50 mph.
Thanks for any responses or help in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Get the tazer to reprogram to the correct tire size. This will fix your speedo. The tazer will not need to be unmarried for simple adjustment like tire size for the dealer to do warranty work. If anything it will make diagnosing easier because then all the sensors will be reading correctly.

klastinger

I have gone to 35 Toyo’s. My cruise and gps unit read exactly the same speeds on my 2020. Rubicon. The soeedo is 2 mph faster at 70 than my gps. I thought usually when going up tire sizes the speedo will read slower.

Don’t know how that is, but I am okay with it being this close, so I didn’t adjust for tire size. I wonder if the speedo now is completely electronic and GPS based.

I still needed the Tazer for my TPMS for sure. Also like the other things I can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have gone to 35 Toyo’s. My cruise and gps unit read exactly the same speeds on my 2020. Rubicon. The soeedo is 2 mph faster at 70 than my gps. I thought usually when going up tire sizes the speedo will read slower.

Don’t know how that is, but I am okay with it being this close, so I didn’t adjust for tire size. I wonder if the speedo now is completely electronic and GPS based.

I still needed the Tazer for my TPMS for sure. Also like the other things I can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Putting in the right tire size is mainly for the transmission. It gets the shift points back close to stock. It does help with the speedo tho