Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE-UP : KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheels & Cooper STT Pro INSTALLATION

I concur. You should have no gaps whatsoever.

Fresh Catch
    Great write up as always! I used Melís write up for my ATX slabs and Nittos on my Jk a few years ago and Iíll utilize yours for my new Beadlocks and Coopers on my JL.

My main question is, did u get them balanced afterwards or did they end up riding pretty great without balancing? I know when I did my slabs and Nitto Trail grapplers they didnít require any balancing.. just wondering if youíve had the same luck with the Coopers!

What is the load rating on your XD231 ? And how important is the rating ?
    The reason I'm asking is that i was debating between XD231 and ATX AX756 SLAB and i got a very good deal on Xmes and ordered the ATX ... I just noticed the load rating is 2200lb on them

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJL View Post
    What is the load rating on your XD231 ? And how important is the rating ?
    The reason I'm asking is that i was debating between XD231 and ATX AX756 SLAB and i got a very good deal on Xmes and ordered the ATX ... I just noticed the load rating is 2200lb on them
    Looks like 2500 lbs.
    https://www.kmcwheels.com/wheel/43920/xd231-rg-race

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    I see .. I wonder how important it is and in which situations it could come in a effect if at all

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJL View Post
    I see .. I wonder how important it is and in which situations it could come in a effect if at all
    It's important in regards to carrying heavy loads and towing. I don't think it'll be an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It's important in regards to carrying heavy loads and towing. I don't think it'll be an issue for you.
    Thank you .

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Eddie, how are those TPM sensors? I will be ordering some today using the link youíve provided and was wondering if all the sensors are working as they should? I was reading some reviews on Amazon and although most are positive, there are several that claim the sensor never worked. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_JL View Post
    Eddie, how are those TPM sensors? I will be ordering some today using the link youíve provided and was wondering if all the sensors are working as they should? I was reading some reviews on Amazon and although most are positive, there are several that claim the sensor never worked. Thoughts?
    All I can tell you is that mine have been working great.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan_JL View Post

My experience hasn't been so good. I ordered the ones in the link from Amazon, I can't get my TPMS to work correctly. I have lowered the threshold on the JL to 20 psi, so I got through that issue. The Jeep is only reading the front two tires. I had my local Discount check the sensors, all 4 sensors on the Jeep are sending out a signal, but the 5th (the spare) is not. I'm going to have to tear down that wheel to replace the sensor.

As for why my Jeep can't read the back two tires, I have no idea. I've driven it about 100 miles in the past two weeks (I don't drive much). The next step will be to swap the rear and front tires to see what happens.

I don't know what to say about the sensors. They are definitely Mopar, I expected them to work. I guess it is like the reviews say, works for some but not others.
    Patrick
    '99 TJ
    '18 Mojito JLUR

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast