Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE-UP : KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheels & Cooper STT Pro INSTALLATION

Caught the Bug
    Just watched this, stellar presentation and write up!
    Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Tmps?

I see that you put new TMPS into your new wheels. I was wondering, since you will be able to use a Tazer to disable the TMPS, is there any reason to have sensors? I've run snow wheel/tires without TMPS for years, just dealt with the light on all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevulin View Post
    Just watched this, stellar presentation and write up!
    Thx!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Four Flusher View Post
    I see that you put new TMPS into your new wheels. I was wondering, since you will be able to use a Tazer to disable the TMPS, is there any reason to have sensors? I've run snow wheel/tires without TMPS for years, just dealt with the light on all winter.
    Actually, the Tazer JL allows you to LOWER the threshold of the TPMS sensors. You don't have to disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thank you

Actually, the Tazer JL allows you to LOWER the threshold of the TPMS sensors. You don't have to disable them.
    What I was trying to ask is: is there any reason to run TPMS? Any positives in other words?
    thanks

What I was trying to ask is: is there any reason to run TPMS? Any positives in other words?
    thanks
    LOL!! Well sure, when you're airing down, you can see how low you've actually gone and the same is true when you're airing back up. The gauges I have on my compressors are kinda lacking in the accuracy department.

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    thanks
    Sure. Its a major safety/fuel efficiency feature. If one of your tires has a slow leak without TPMS you may not notice it for some time. And even before it becomes unsafe it will damage the tire.

I just wish that they would provide TWO warning thresholds so that when were aired down to say 15 it would give a warning at say 11 in addition to the normal warnings at street pressure.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

Thanks for the detailed writeup Eddie. I was able to get my first set of bead locks installed by following the video. Getting the rim into the tire took a lot of trial and error. After that is was smooth sailing. You weren't kidding about having to go around countless times with the torque wrench!

Question for you

Thanks for such a great write-up.

I am curious if you ran into something similar with your XD beadlocks. I also have a set of the 37" cooper STT pros and see they have some pretty thick beads. When I mounted 1 yesterday afternoon, I noticed quite a bit of space between the beadlock ring and the actual wheel. I have the machete style wheel.

beadlock ring space.JPG

What are your thoughts with regards to the empty void? I know we have slightly different rims and wonder if you also have this situation with your tires. I've read they sell beadlock ring spacers but really hate to add any more weight to an already heavy setup.

Thanks for all you do!

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslider View Post
    Thanks for such a great write-up.

I am curious if you ran into something similar with your XD beadlocks. I also have a set of the 37" cooper STT pros and see they have some pretty thick beads. When I mounted 1 yesterday afternoon, I noticed quite a bit of space between the beadlock ring and the actual wheel. I have the machete style wheel.

beadlock ring space.JPG

What are your thoughts with regards to the empty void? I know we have slightly different rims and wonder if you also have this situation with your tires. I've read they sell beadlock ring spacers but really hate to add any more weight to an already heavy setup.

Thanks for all you do!

Jonathan
    I have the Machetes with Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5. I have no gap between the wheel and ring. Just keep working around the bolts at 24 lb ft. Eventually they will tighten all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    I have the Machetes with Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5. I have no gap between the wheel and ring. Just keep working around the bolts at 24 lb ft. Eventually they will tighten all the way.
    This ^^^^

You need to tighten up your bolts more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast