Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WRITE-UP : KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheels & Cooper STT Pro INSTALLATION

Quote Originally Posted by Ceallaigh View Post
    Thanks Eddie. Iím new to the beadlock world. If KMC doesnít offer a spacer could I run another brands spacer assuming itís 17Ē and 24 bolts? Or am I just out of luck with that tire/wheel combo now? Thanks for your help!
    What I can tell you is that I didn't install any spacers on my KMC wheels and really, you shouldn't need them either. From what I understand they do offer some now or at least, that's what I've heard. I would not buy spacers from a different manufacturer as they may or may not line up.

3 out of the 5 rim/tires donít seat all the way down. Is this something I shouldnít be driving on. I have over 3k mikes on the set so far and have pulled them all once and let the air out rechecked the torque and all were at 24lbs. After seeing this it is making me nervous for my upcoming 3-4K mile road trip.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry1983 View Post
    3 out of the 5 rim/tires donít seat all the way down. Is this something I shouldnít be driving on. I have over 3k mikes on the set so far and have pulled them all once and let the air out rechecked the torque and all were at 24lbs. After seeing this it is making me nervous for my upcoming 3-4K mile road trip.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max
    I've got a small gap, about 1/16" - 1/8" on several of my KMC Machete /37 STT Pros, they've been that way about a year and haven't had any issues.

I've put at least 20k miles on them, drove to Moab and back a couple of times - no issues.

I check the torque on the bolts with each 5000 mile oil change.

Sealing Bead

Does anyone have any tips on getting the inside of the tire bead to tuck into the wheel? Iím running this same exact setup with 4 clamps pushing the sidewall down and the bead wonít seem to stretch over the wheel without popping off on the opposite side. Thanks!

Does anyone have any tips on getting the inside of the tire bead to tuck into the wheel? Iím running this same exact setup with 4 clamps pushing the sidewall down and the bead wonít seem to stretch over the wheel without popping off on the opposite side. Thanks!
    If you get some 2 inch washers and lightly tighten them in with the ring bolts you can get the bead to sit where you want. Once seated all around take the washers out and install the ring.

IMG_1153.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    If you get some 2 inch washers and lightly tighten them in with the ring bolts you can get the bead to sit where you want. Once seated all around take the washers out and install the ring.

IMG_1153.JPG

Thatís a great idea! Iíll give that a try. Slowly wishing that I went with a 12.5Ē wide tire and not a 13.5Ē at this point lol. Thank you!

Thatís a great idea! Iíll give that a try. Slowly wishing that I went with a 12.5Ē wide tire and not a 13.5Ē at this point lol. Thank you!
    F-that. Rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    F-that. Rite of passage.
    Yep they are a bitch but well worth it. I fought mine for hours! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    Yep they are a bitch but well worth it. I fought mine for hours! Lol

That washer trick worked wonders! Thanks again man. If youíre at EJS, Iíll buy you some beers lol

That washer trick worked wonders! Thanks again man. If youíre at EJS, Iíll buy you some beers lol
    Glad it worked out. Just told my wife we need to drive to Moab for a couple free beers. Needless to say I wonít be making it this year. Lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast