WRITE-UP : KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheels & Cooper STT Pro INSTALLATION

AU Bronc N JL

Great write up as always! I used Mel’s write up for my ATX slabs and Nittos on my Jk a few years ago and I’ll utilize yours for my new Beadlocks and Coopers on my JL.

My main question is, did u get them balanced afterwards or did they end up riding pretty great without balancing? I know when I did my slabs and Nitto Trail grapplers they didn’t require any balancing.. just wondering if you’ve had the same luck with the Coopers!

AlexJL

What is the load rating on your XD231 ? And how important is the rating ?
The reason I'm asking is that i was debating between XD231 and ATX AX756 SLAB and i got a very good deal on Xmes and ordered the ATX ... I just noticed the load rating is 2200lb on them :idontknow:

Hooligan_JL

Eddie, how are those TPM sensors? I will be ordering some today using the link you’ve provided and was wondering if all the sensors are working as they should? I was reading some reviews on Amazon and although most are positive, there are several that claim the sensor never worked. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, how are those TPM sensors? I will be ordering some today using the link you’ve provided and was wondering if all the sensors are working as they should? I was reading some reviews on Amazon and although most are positive, there are several that claim the sensor never worked. Thoughts?

All I can tell you is that mine have been working great.

tjeeper

My experience hasn't been so good. I ordered the ones in the link from Amazon, I can't get my TPMS to work correctly. I have lowered the threshold on the JL to 20 psi, so I got through that issue. The Jeep is only reading the front two tires. I had my local Discount check the sensors, all 4 sensors on the Jeep are sending out a signal, but the 5th (the spare) is not. I'm going to have to tear down that wheel to replace the sensor.

As for why my Jeep can't read the back two tires, I have no idea. I've driven it about 100 miles in the past two weeks (I don't drive much). The next step will be to swap the rear and front tires to see what happens.

I don't know what to say about the sensors. They are definitely Mopar, I expected them to work. I guess it is like the reviews say, works for some but not others.

BigCountry1983

I have only one out of 4 reading on the Jeep, all 4 work but will only read when on the on the front driver side. After multiple emails to the seller on amazon they want me to remove and send them back before they send out replacements. So I’m probably just gonna order a new set and send the old ones back.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hooligan_JL

WRITE-UP : KMC XD231 RG Beadlock Wheels & Cooper STT Pro INSTALLATION

All I can tell you is that mine have been working great.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

My experience hasn't been so good. I ordered the ones in the link from Amazon, I can't get my TPMS to work correctly. I have lowered the threshold on the JL to 20 psi, so I got through that issue. The Jeep is only reading the front two tires. I had my local Discount check the sensors, all 4 sensors on the Jeep are sending out a signal, but the 5th (the spare) is not. I'm going to have to tear down that wheel to replace the sensor.

As for why my Jeep can't read the back two tires, I have no idea. I've driven it about 100 miles in the past two weeks (I don't drive much). The next step will be to swap the rear and front tires to see what happens.

I don't know what to say about the sensors. They are definitely Mopar, I expected them to work. I guess it is like the reviews say, works for some but not others.

Interesting. I don’t want to pay to get them put in then pay to have them replaced.

I have only one out of 4 reading on the Jeep, all 4 work but will only read when on the on the front driver side. After multiple emails to the seller on amazon they want me to remove and send them back before they send out replacements. So I’m probably just gonna order a new set and send the old ones back.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for the info.

AU Bronc N JL

Eddie, I noticed in your last two videos you have center caps on your XD231’s. Can u post a link to where u bought them? I can’t tell if they are plugs or caps, but either way I need a set for mine as I don’t like the machined bore look on my black xd231’s.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow Hammer

After being inspired by this writeup and spending way too much time looking at tire wheel combinations, I decided to try and be one of the cool kids and ordered a set of KMC XD231's and Cooper SST Pro 37 x 13.5s for my 2018 JKUR.

I'll happily share the details with anyone who wants to know, but bottom line was no matter how careful I was or how hard I tried, I could not get the beadlock ring to seat flush against the wheel. Star pattern, round and round, patience, profanity, and tool throwing - it just wasn't happening. Called KMC (Wheel Pros) yesterday and learned that Cooper has changed the sidewall/bead thickness on some of their tires and I will need a set of beadlock spacers. Good to know right! Good news is they are going to ship them to me at no additional charge, bad news is they are out of stock.

I just hope this helps some other poor soul from losing their religion over non-compliant aluminum and rubber.

KMC Beadlock Spacer.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After being inspired by this writeup and spending way too much time looking at tire wheel combinations, I decided to try and be one of the cool kids and ordered a set of KMC XD231's and Cooper SST Pro 37 x 13.5s for my 2018 JKUR.

I'll happily share the details with anyone who wants to know, but bottom line was no matter how careful I was or how hard I tried, I could not get the beadlock ring to seat flush against the wheel. Star pattern, round and round, patience, profanity, and tool throwing - it just wasn't happening. Called KMC (Wheel Pros) yesterday and learned that Cooper has changed the sidewall/bead thickness on some of their tires and I will need a set of beadlock spacers. Good to know right! Good news is they are going to ship them to me at no additional charge, bad news is they are out of stock.

I just hope this helps some other poor soul from losing their religion over non-compliant aluminum and rubber.

Thank you for posting this up, I'm sure it'll be helpful to a lot of people!

Ceallaigh

I just pulled the trigger on the same tire/wheel combo...is it confirmed that you have to run ring spacers with the STT pros now?

Ceallaigh

Thanks Eddie. I’m new to the beadlock world. If KMC doesn’t offer a spacer could I run another brands spacer assuming it’s 17” and 24 bolts? Or am I just out of luck with that tire/wheel combo now? Thanks for your help!