Watcha Cooking?

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Pizza here too. Good old cheese and hand-cut pepperoni. Cross-section to show how thin the base crust usually is. We like the crust under the topping to be thin and crispy, and the crust that you hold onto thicker and crunchy.

View attachment 9508

View attachment 9507

Pizza night was tonight instead of Friday.

Just a basic pepperoni and olive.

View attachment 9691

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Looks so good! Do you guys make your own pizza dough? If so, would you be willing to share your recipe?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Looks so good! Do you guys make your own pizza dough? If so, would you be willing to share your recipe?

I sent you a PM with a picture of a recipe from a prominent cookbook. I was feeling paranoid about copyright laws, and did not want litigation costs to infringe upon my Jeep mods. LOL.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just found my other Pizza book. I bought it for $2.50 in 1987. I don't know if it's still available, but if it is I would buy it again.

20190319_183838-1280x960.jpg

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

I will admit for sake of ease I typically buy the dough at Raley’s. It’s already made and easy for during the week.

When I make my own I use a recipe we have been using in the family for years. Came from an old cookbook my mom had and it’s the only one I’ve ever used at home.

I’ll have to look for the recipe.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I will admit for sake of ease I typically buy the dough at Raley’s. It’s already made and easy for during the week.

We also get pre-made dough from King Soopers here in Colorado, which is pretty much the same as Fry's and Kroger's. To be honest, it's 95% as good as homemade with 0% of the hassle. My wife and daughter will still make it at home though, really because it's kind of a fun science project. Lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

When I make my own I use a recipe we have been using in the family for years. Came from an old cookbook my mom had and it’s the only one I’ve ever used at home.

That would be awesome! We've been making our own pizzas for years and have been trying all kinds of different dough recipes but have yet to find one that we really like. :thumb:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
I sent you a PM with a picture of a recipe from a prominent cookbook. I was feeling paranoid about copyright laws, and did not want litigation costs to infringe upon my Jeep mods. LOL.

Got your PM. Thanks for the recipe! I'll give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks! As Eddie said, we've been trying a few different recipes but haven't really been happy with the results.

HiCenterd

We also get pre-made dough from King Soopers here in Colorado, which is pretty much the same as Fry's and Kroger's. To be honest, it's 95% as good as homemade with 0% of the hassle. My wife and daughter will still make it at home though, really because it's kind of a fun science project. Lol.
When you make yours at home, are you doing something to adjust for altitude? Everything we try ends up being a little 'flat' or dense. Overworking or not enough resting the dough, maybe? We almost always cook on a stone in the pellet grill...

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My wife cooks it and I eat it. Lol. I don't think she has trouble with the pizza dough. I know she cooks in the oven on a 1/2" thick stone that has been pre-heated for a minimum of 1 hour at 550°. We are at 7500 feet, and for the first year we struggled with quick breads and cookies. We now had a little bit of flour to the recipes to account for the altitude. She has also switched to this flour.

20190320_161245-768x1024.jpg

HiCenterd

My wife cooks it and I eat it. Lol. I don't think she has trouble with the pizza dough. I know she cooks in the oven on a 1/2" thick stone that has been pre-heated for a minimum of 1 hour at 550°. We are at 7500 feet, and for the first year we struggled with quick breads and cookies. We now had a little bit of flour to the recipes to account for the altitude. She has also switched to this flour.

View attachment 9772
Hmm. Time to play, I guess. The weather is getting nice enough to get the grill that hot again. Thanks!

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Must be Saturday. Lol.

20190323_192251-1280x960.jpg
Fra diavolo tomato sauce, hot Italian sausage, sliced sweet cherry peppers, sliced sweet onion, mozzarella, parmesan. Our first time making this crust using King Arthur Bread Flour.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Friday, Friday, Friday. Sorry for all the pizza pics but good God they come out looking so delicious. This one was awesome. Spicy Italian and black olive.

20190329_181713-1280x960.jpg

Super thin, super crunchy.

20190329_181835-1280x960.jpg