Watcha Cooking?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Last night was pizza night again. Hot Italian sausage, Mozzarella, sweet & spicy jalapenos, sweet onion.

View attachment 8946

Tonight is meatballs simmered in dark ale and chipotle pepper BBQ sauce served on slider buns with jalapenos and mozzarella cheese.

I have officially named Friday pizza night. Tonight is the first. Chorizo, green chili olives and put pepperoni on the other one.

IMG_7401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have officially named Friday pizza night. Tonight is the first. Chorizo, green chili olives and put pepperoni on the other one.

View attachment 9222

Awesome! Love, love, love green chilies and chorizo. My daughter is running a game night with her friends tonight, so my wife cooked two pies this evening. One cheese, and one cheese + pepperoni. That's about as spicy as we can make for other people's children nowadays. Last time we had a pizza with jalapenos while my daughter's friends were over, one of the girls took a jalapeno off of the adult's Pizza... and spent 24 hours in the ER with stomach pain. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Awesome! Love, love, love green chilies and chorizo. My daughter is running a game night with her friends tonight, so my wife cooked two pies this evening. One cheese, and one cheese + pepperoni. That's about as spicy as we can make for other people's children nowadays. Last time we had a pizza with jalapenos while my daughter's friends were over, one of the girls took a jalapeno off of the adult's Pizza... and spent 24 hours in the ER with stomach pain. :crazyeyes:

Participation ribbons. Lol

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What do you do when you are home alone and find some chicken, leftover pancetta and mushrooms in the fridge?

Why you make "Chicken Marsala for One" of course (with some white rice and maple butter lima beans on the side).

20190305_170726-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Lol. I'm originally from Buffalo, where we eat a shitload of pizza and chicken wings. Now I live in Colorado Springs which seems to have more green chilies than Hatch, NM. You can't go anywhere around here without green chilies in your food. We hit this Pizzeria in Gunnison Colorado about a year back, and they had green chilies with a bit of brown sugar in the sauce. It was pretty damn good.

Last edited:

ddays v2

Lol. I'm originally from Buffalo, where we eat a shitload of pizza and chicken wings. Now I live in Colorado Springs which seems to have more green chilies than Hatch, NM. You can't go anywhere around here without green chilies in your food. We hit this Pizzeria in Gunnison Colorado about a year back, and they had green chilies with a bit of brown sugar in the sauce. It was pretty damn good.

LOL, I think the only place more people used to live other than Pittsburgh is Buffalo.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

I’m originally from Oswego.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Pizza night again. No pictures though.

Made Asian chicken with sriracha and sweet chili sauce. Topped with cheddar and some pineapple (I know pineapple doesn’t go on pizza but neither does Asian chicken) and a pepperoni and meatball with black olives.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Pizza here too. Good old cheese and hand-cut pepperoni. Cross-section to show how thin the base crust usually is. We like the crust under the topping to be thin and crispy, and the crust that you hold onto thicker and crunchy.

20190308_203424-1280x960.jpg

20190308_203456-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
^^^Yum^^^

That is making me hungry. I think we eat more pizza than anything. We had pizza Friday, and then made another one Saturday.