Off Road Pages

BillArnett

There is a furor brewing about the status of the Off Road pages in the Uconnect display. It seems that Jeep is disabling this feature for some reason. They say that it will come back on the 2019 models but it’s not clear if we’ll ever see it on the current models. If there’s just a delay and we get it eventually, I’m OK with that; software bugs happen and they take time to fix. But if we never get the fix then IM REALLY PISSED!

Does anyone here have any reliable information?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The only info I got was that not having the off road pages was "news" to the people I know when it first became clear that our JL's weren't coming with them. I was told that it will be available as an update in the future.

BillArnett

Grrrr

I got this from FCA:

“According to a recent update provided by FCA US LLC on March 8th; the
decision was made by Uconnect to hold off on the Off-Road Pages for the
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited lineup until the 2019 model year. With
that being said, the Off-Road Pages will not be available for the 2018
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year; nor will they be available
as a software update.

Since the time of posting, some of the information you will find on the
website or printed on the brochure may have been updated.
Specifications, descriptions, illustrative material, pricing and all
competitive comparisons contained herein on the brochure or posted on
the website are as accurate as known at the time publication was
approved for printing or the website was updated. FCA US LLC reserves
the right to discontinue models at any time or change specifications and
pricing without notice or without incurring obligations.“

I’m considering canceling my order and waiting for 2019.

JAGS

Have you checked recently? It seems the feature was removed in the most recent software update. Or perhaps you haven’t yet got the update?

Yeah, it was on there and functional when I picked up my Jeep. That said, if an update was pushed out yesterday, I didn't drive the JL yesterday.

So the update would actually remove the function.... I wonder why that is?

13_gecko_rubi

Yeah, it was on there and functional when I picked up my Jeep. That said, if an update was pushed out yesterday, I didn't drive the JL yesterday.

So the update would actually remove the function.... I wonder why that is?
It was there when u picked it up last week? Can you check and post pictute if it is there please?

Sent via....

JAGS

It was there when u picked it up last week? Can you check and post pictute if it is there please?

Sent via....

Picked up the Jeep 3/5. The feature was on there. Still there this morning. Sorry for the lens glare.

Don't send the Feds.

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

So is infotainment system going to explode or something??

FUBAR

It's a neat feature but I don't know if its really enough to get me to cancel my order. Sure, I'd like to have the option but not sure if this will make or break the deal. Would you cancel only because it was a promised feature you're no longer getting or because you really NEED this option?

BillArnett

Need? I don’t NEED a Jeep. But I don’t like being f**ked with. The off road pages were a significant part of my buying decision and without them I have to reconsider.

AlphaQ2

I have a JLUR with the 8.4" touchscreen system one of the primary reasons was the Off Road Pages among a couple others. If I knew they were going to not include I would have opted for the 7" screen and saved the additional money for Jeep mod addiction. It's like buying anything and then finding out one of the options you were told it would have it then canceled or removed after the return period if there was one. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and then you wonder what else they will remove or fail to honor because of whatever the reason. If I was a business person and I told my customer they would get X, Y, & Z and if they paid extra 1 & 2 and only delivered to them X, Y, & Z and only partially 1 & 2 I am sure it would make that customer think differently next time I would want their business.

Don't get me wrong I really love my JLUR but this is something I was really interested in and was a deciding factor on one of the upgrade features.

Last edited:

JAGS

Need? I don’t NEED a Jeep. But I don’t like being f**ked with. The off road pages were a significant part of my buying decision and without them I have to reconsider.

What exactly is the deal breaker about it? No Jeep ever had it before. It's "cool" I guess, but honestly the extra screens I'd never really use while on the trail.

I know when I'm off camber and disconnected. I don't need a screen to tell me the degree of camber and how far my wheels are turned.

AlphaQ2

What exactly is the deal breaker about it? No Jeep ever had it before. It's "cool" I guess, but honestly the extra screens I'd never really use while on the trail.

I know when I'm off camber and disconnected. I don't need a screen to tell me the degree of camber and how far my wheels are turned.

Let look at this way. You go to a nice Steak restaurant and one of their entrees is a NY Strip grilled with mushrooms and onions, baked potato, salad, and drink of your choice. Sounds good so you order it. What you get is the NY Strip grilled to perfection with mushrooms & onions and a good salad. Your baked potato came out a little late and was missing the butter, cheese, and sour cream and was prepared like it should have been. You drink was good too.

Now in that scenario I am sure you would have said something about the baked potato and would either want it removed from your order, redone, or part of your meal comped. Some people would look at the mess up with the baked potato a complete deal breaker and would refuse to pay for the meal or would want something removed because it did not arrive as advertised. Others would just say something and move on, and other may even gripe about it for the next 6 months to whoever will listen to them.

Why is the missing Off Road Pages that was advertised, all in the manual, and up until just the recently been communicated as being part of the JLUR with the 8.4" screen any different? On top of that this is affecting all the 2018 JLUR with 8.4" screens and not just a couple of people.

I will not return my JLUR over this and it would not prevent me from buying one. But that is my own choice and others can freely make their own choice over it as well. Another thing think about with this. What will they do about this for the customers that are affected by it? It makes it look like an unfinished product, a blemish. or a half baked gimmick with the 8.4" screen upgrade option.

Last edited:

JAGS

Let look at this way. You go to a nice Steak restaurant and one of their entrees is a NY Strip grilled with mushrooms and onions, baked potato, salad, and drink of your choice. Sounds good so you order it. What you get is the NY Strip grilled to perfection with mushrooms & onions and a good salad. Your baked potato came out a little late and was missing the butter, cheese, and sour cream and was prepared like it should have been. You drink was good too.

Now in that scenario I am sure you would have said something about the baked potato and would either want it removed from your order, redone, or part of your meal comped. Some people would look at the mess up with the baked potato a complete deal breaker and would refuse to pay for the meal or would want something removed because it did not arrive as advertised. Others would just say something and move on, and other may even gripe about it for the next 6 months to whoever will listen to them.

Why is the missing Off Road Pages that was advertised, all in the manual, and up until just the recently been communicated as being part of the JLUR with the 8.4" screen any different? On top of that this is affecting all the 2018 JLUR with 8.4" screens and not just a couple of people.

I will not return my JLUR over this and it would not prevent me from buying one. But that is my own choice and others can freely make their own choice over it as well. Another thing think about with this. What will they do about this for the customers that are affected by it? It makes it look like an unfinished product, a blemish. or a half baked gimmick with the 8.4" screen upgrade option.

IMG_4571.JPG

Um okay. TGIF.

JAGS

On my Jeep I don't have the off road pages on my nav, but on my dash I have the 2 things on the off road pages. Disconnected and locked on one screen and then pitch and roll on the other

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I wonder if you have the off road "app" in your options. You can change which functions appear on your lower screen bar. Just drag and drop. Or move left and right to organize the function options as you wish. Kind of like an iPhone or a tablet

I too can scroll through and see in my instrument cluster in the center area.

BillArnett

Since we can't trust the user manual anymore, can someone who has a JL Rubicon please check to see which of the "off road" data points can actually be seen on the small instrument cluster screen, please?

The Off Road Pages had the following:

transfer case status
latitude, longitude and altitude
status of Hill Descent, Selec-Speed Control and its selected speed
steering angle
front and rear locker status
sway bar disconnect status
pitch and roll
coolant temp
oil temp
oil pressure
transmission temp
battery voltage

Thanks in advance.

Bsimon187

I wonder if you have the off road "app" in your options. You can change which functions appear on your lower screen bar. Just drag and drop. Or move left and right to organize the function options as you wish. Kind of like an iPhone or a tablet

I too can scroll through and see in my instrument cluster in the center area.

That's where I checked. Scrolled through all the apps and was not there.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app