Off Road Pages

JLU_RUBI

Let look at this way. You go to a nice Steak restaurant and one of their entrees is a NY Strip grilled with mushrooms and onions, baked potato, salad, and drink of your choice. Sounds good so you order it. What you get is the NY Strip grilled to perfection with mushrooms & onions and a good salad. Your baked potato came out a little late and was missing the butter, cheese, and sour cream and was prepared like it should have been. You drink was good too.

Now in that scenario I am sure you would have said something about the baked potato and would either want it removed from your order, redone, or part of your meal comped. Some people would look at the mess up with the baked potato a complete deal breaker and would refuse to pay for the meal or would want something removed because it did not arrive as advertised. Others would just say something and move on, and other may even gripe about it for the next 6 months to whoever will listen to them.

Why is the missing Off Road Pages that was advertised, all in the manual, and up until just the recently been communicated as being part of the JLUR with the 8.4" screen any different? On top of that this is affecting all the 2018 JLUR with 8.4" screens and not just a couple of people.

I will not return my JLUR over this and it would not prevent me from buying one. But that is my own choice and others can freely make their own choice over it as well. Another thing think about with this. What will they do about this for the customers that are affected by it? It makes it look like an unfinished product, a blemish. or a half baked gimmick with the 8.4" screen upgrade option.

Your analogy falls apart because if I order a steak with a side item that doesn’t come, I’m disappointed for one meal. This is a freaking $53,000 Jeep. It’s ridiculous. If this happened with another major ticket item people would be understandably pissed. You have to live with it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

Since we can't trust the user manual anymore, can someone who has a JL Rubicon please check to see which of the "off road" data points can actually be seen on the small instrument cluster screen, please?

The Off Road Pages had the following:

transfer case status
latitude, longitude and altitude
status of Hill Descent, Selec-Speed Control and its selected speed
steering angle
front and rear locker status
sway bar disconnect status
pitch and roll
coolant temp
oil temp
oil pressure
transmission temp
battery voltage

Thanks in advance.

Scroll up a bit in the thread. Your welcome.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It was there when u picked it up last week? Can you check and post pictute if it is there please?

Sent via....

Picked up the Jeep 3/5. The feature was on there. Still there this morning. Sorry for the lens glare.

Don't send the Feds.

View attachment 1428

View attachment 1429

View attachment 1430

View attachment 1431

View attachment 1432

So is infotainment system going to explode or something??

Lol no you are good. Thank you

Sent via....

FBI: Hello sir do you have a moment to speak?
JAGS: new phone who dis?

....van pulls up out front...

JAGS

BJL

Since we can't trust the user manual anymore, can someone who has a JL Rubicon please check to see which of the "off road" data points can actually be seen on the small instrument cluster screen, please?

The Off Road Pages had the following:

transfer case status
latitude, longitude and altitude
status of Hill Descent, Selec-Speed Control and its selected speed
steering angle
front and rear locker status
sway bar disconnect status
pitch and roll
coolant temp
oil temp
oil pressure
transmission temp
battery voltage

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you got an answer or not. I don’t have the off road app either, I didn’t even know about it!
On the small cluster:
Page 2:
Tire press
Coolant temp
Trans temp
Oil temp
Oil press
Oil Life
Battery volt

Page 3:
Drivetrain - sway bar info ( I haven’t tried the lockers)
Pitch and roll

Hope that helps

BillArnett

Not sure if you got an answer or not. I don’t have the off road app either, I didn’t even know about it!
On the small cluster:
Page 2:
Tire press
Coolant temp
Trans temp
Oil temp
Oil press
Oil Life
Battery volt

Page 3:
Drivetrain - sway bar info ( I haven’t tried the lockers)
Pitch and roll

Hope that helps

Yes, thanks! Could you possibly take a photo of each screen and post them here?

BillArnett

Thanks! Very helpful.

But, alas, no where near as good as the Off Road page which shows five gauges at the same time on one screen.

MrGiant

sure, no one really needs this off road pages thing, BUT: it is very nice to have and a nice gimmick like some of the easter eggs, which are one of the things I like most about Jeep in general - nice details only Jeepers like.
To remove this function because of bugs or something can be argued about, but removing and neglecting to get it back once the bugs are fixed is a No Go, just like the steak story. You pay for it, so you have to get it.
When I sell things in the bay, everything I tell about it has to be true or I am the one who can run and hide....so why can a manufacturer do different?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
sure, no one really needs this off road pages thing, BUT: it is very nice to have and a nice gimmick like some of the easter eggs, which are one of the things I like most about Jeep in general - nice details only Jeepers like.
To remove this function because of bugs or something can be argued about, but removing and neglecting to get it back once the bugs are fixed is a No Go, just like the steak story. You pay for it, so you have to get it.
When I sell things in the bay, everything I tell about it has to be true or I am the one who can run and hide....so why can a manufacturer do different?

Lol you are a little too worked up over this.

JAGS

And just like that, dropped the kids off for competition rehearsal this morning and the OR pages/app is gone. Crazy they can push out an update like.

I've placed a call to my dealer so I can return the Jeep Monday. They have a used 2017 willys I'm sure I'll like more.

Bsimon187

It's probably still on the Jeep but just locked from visibility. If it stays locked, I'm sure someone will make a way to unlock it. On the chargers and such you can buy a Tazer to unlock the track pages and track mode as well as various other things.

PaulNY

Admittedly, I didn't even know my Jeep had this feature until I started reading about it online. I realize the same information is available on my cluster read out, but it's still a little stinger to know that I paid the premium for the infotainment system which clearly states that it should have it, and even my owners manual talks about it. Heck, even during the Jeep release press conference, they showed a video that clearly had the off road pages. Since this is my first Jeep, I have no idea how much I would use the feature, but some of the stuff is cool to look at and would be nice to have it available on the 8.4". IF this isn't available with a software fix as several sources have suggested, will Jeep offer those of us '18 newbies a refund? Just feel slighted since we are all paying for feature that is non existent. I mean come on Jeep, I purchased a $53k vehicle from you, and now you're hiding a feature from me after you took my money? Not sure if this is how Jeep typically operates, but if so, this is a bad first impression for sure.

GrayBeard

Im sure, if Jeep receives enough complaints/ constructive criticism reference this, that they will try to make it available to our 18s in the future.

Jeep listened when they built the JL models which was a huge step forward and I think they are seeing a very positive response from the Jeep community.

Please let them know how you feel, but do it politely. I know I will.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app