JCR Sliders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

WranJLerYYC

This ^^^^

Also, there are also multiple people who've had fitment issues with their bumpers and skid plates over on WAYALIFE. I've contacted them in the past hoping to buy sliders for my old XJ and was surprised by how full of themselves they were.

Damn. Really like the look of them and the integrated rock lights are a nice touch.

Looks like ACE is the way to go then. Not much out there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn. Really like the look of them and the integrated rock lights are a nice touch.

Looks like ACE is the way to go then. Not much out there yet.

Honestly, the integrated rock light thing just screams POSER. Nobody who's ever done any real rock crawling needed a real set of rock sliders for wheeling would EVER want lights in the sliders like this as you would DESTROY them.

The sucky thing about wanting everything NOW is that a lot the products that are first to market are just "okay" at best. It's only until about the 5th year or so in a Wrangler models life that the really good stuff starts to be available. This is why I have gone through so many different products in just the last 10 years. If you can be patient, I would be or if you're willing to swap things out in the future, all the better. But, all the more reason why you really don't want to be drilling into your body at this point and time.

Just trying to add some perspective and help out if I can.

WranJLerYYC

Honestly, the integrated rock light thing just screams POSER. Nobody who's ever done any real rock crawling needed a real set of rock sliders for wheeling would EVER want lights in the sliders like this as you would DESTROY them.

The sucky thing about wanting everything NOW is that a lot the products that are first to market are just "okay" at best. It's only until about the 5th year or so in a Wrangler models life that the really good stuff starts to be available. This is why I have gone through so many different products in just the last 10 years. If you can be patient, I would be or if you're willing to swap things out in the future, all the better. But, all the more reason why you really don't want to be drilling into your body at this point and time.

Just trying to add some perspective and help out if I can.

Appreciate it. We want something that will function more as a side step for our 5yr old and protect the hinges from rock chips than perform as top of the line slider since we only wheel a few times a year as of right now but the hope is to get more into it now that we have a Rubicon.

I’ll keep looking, maybe poison spider will have something out soon. Love me some PS or even Metal Cloak.

Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

offcamber

I was at my buddies shop last weekend. A customer was getting a set of Avalanche Engineering power sliders installed and the JCR crusader sliders he previously had on had been set outside the bay. My friend brought his new Ex military Deuce and a half up to the shop and accidentally drove over the sliders and parked on them. Having read the bad stuff about them, i was surprised to see that aside from some missing paint, it did nothing the JCRs at all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciate it. We want something that will function more as a side step for our 5yr old and protect the hinges from rock chips than perform as top of the line slider since we only wheel a few times a year as of right now but the hope is to get more into it now that we have a Rubicon.

I’ll keep looking, maybe poison spider will have something out soon. Love me some PS or even Metal Cloak.

Thank you all.

Like I said, it pays to be a little patient especially with something like this. Do you really want to drill a bunch of holes in your Jeep only to find out a year from now that there are BETTER options available? Just sayin...

I was at my buddies shop last weekend. A customer was getting a set of Avalanche Engineering power sliders installed and the JCR crusader sliders he previously had on had been set outside the bay. My friend brought his new Ex military Deuce and a half up to the shop and accidentally drove over the sliders and parked on them. Having read the bad stuff about them, i was surprised to see that aside from some missing paint, it did nothing the JCRs at all.

If it held up, great. Still doesn't change the fact that you have to drill in your Jeep's body to install these or the fact that they've had all kinds of fitment issues in the past. Of course, I wouldn't support them just because they are so full of themselves but then, that's just me.

offcamber

Like I said, it pays to be a little patient especially with something like this. Do you really want to drill a bunch of holes in your Jeep only to find out a year from now that there are BETTER options available? Just sayin...

If it held up, great. Still doesn't change the fact that you have to drill in your Jeep's body to install these or the fact that they've had all kinds of fitment issues in the past. Of course, I wouldn't support them just because they are so full of themselves but then, that's just me.

Is there anyone in the offroad industry that isn't full of it? Not that I've seen..lol