Method Wheels Quality

Richtor

So I've been browsing wheels, and I kind of dig the new Method 312...
https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/street-wheels/products/312-matte-black

MR312_Matte_Black-1000_large.png

Now I know with wheels, some giant company owns a bunch of brands, but I dont know much about wheels for Jeeps/Trucks, etc, so any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

They are a great wheel and the first/only wheel I’d look at aftermarket on a Jeep or truck!

But are they decent wheels or will they crack like the pintlers the first time they run over a pebble lol

Running 14 miles without a tire to win a rally race tough enough for you?
https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www...i-went-14-miles-rim-alone-win-rally-stage?amp

Little late to the party here but I figure I'd put my 2 cents into this thread. I had Methods on my Raptor for about 3 years and they didn't hold up well at all. The ring discolored shortly after I bought them and the finish was easily scratched off road. I felt the design was flawed in that there was always a pool of water collected on the inside rim by the fake beadlock. It didn't really bother me, but I'm sure it would annoy some people.

I've owned several ProComps and always been happy with them. I think I'm going stick to ProComp for inexpensive wheels from here on.

I first heard of Method wheels from desert racer Greg Foutz. He said they are legit and many race teams are running their wheels(see above). I’d take method all day over the procomp. Regardless of paint issues.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
They are a great wheel and the first/only wheel I’d look at aftermarket on a Jeep or truck!

Running 14 miles without a tire to win a rally race tough enough for you?
https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www...i-went-14-miles-rim-alone-win-rally-stage?amp

I first heard of Method wheels from desert racer Greg Foutz. He said they are legit and many race teams are running their wheels(see above). I’d take method all day over the procomp. Regardless of paint issues.

Umm welcome. Without pictures of that wheel, no it’s not tough enough.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nosos

Picture of the Method wheel used on the rally car. confirmed speeds in excess of 100mph with a shredded tire.

DSC_5884.JPG

Two weeks ago I had someone run a red light and total my Jeep, knocked the drivers side rear wheel and axle shaft out of the Jeep. That Method NV305 wheel didn't break or even loose air pressure.

6kdSMZ5.jpg

The drivers side front tire was hit by the car, dismounted the tire but did not break the wheel.

UrPGaMw.jpg

I intend to run beadlock wheels on my next Jeep. I wouldn't hesitate to run Method wheels again or to recommend them.

Richtor

I’m not saying their bad, not saying their the best either. That’s a bold statement.

Desert Race Driver personally recommended them, even though he was not sponsored.
Running 14 miles of a rally race on wheel alone, finished first!
First hand experience of method wheels after and accident that totaled their Jeep.

Do you have any experience from other wheels that can match the testimonies of the Method Wheels?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Desert Race Driver personally recommended them, even though he was not sponsored.
Running 14 miles of a rally race on wheel alone, finished first!
First hand experience of method wheels after and accident that totaled their Jeep.

Do you have any experience from other wheels that can match the testimonies of the Method Wheels?

Rally racing. That’s cute.

IMG_5616.JPG