Method Wheels Quality

NFRs2000NYC

So I've been browsing wheels, and I kind of dig the new Method 312...
https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/street-wheels/products/312-matte-black

MR312_Matte_Black-1000_large.png

Now I know with wheels, some giant company owns a bunch of brands, but I dont know much about wheels for Jeeps/Trucks, etc, so any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

NFRs2000NYC

Haven't heard of anyone complaining about them or at least, not that I know of.

Gotcha. I was looking at KMC and google also spit out method, and it *seems* like ATX, KMC, FUEL, and METHOD are all owned by some huge wheel company (pure speculation)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gotcha. I was looking at KMC and google also spit out method, and it *seems* like ATX, KMC, FUEL, and METHOD are all owned by some huge wheel company (pure speculation)

KMC and ATX are both owned by WheelPros. I don't think they own Fuel or Method though.

BillArnett

Off topic, but not speculation

From their own website: “Transamerican Auto Parts is the world’s leading manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of aftermarket parts and accessories for trucks, Jeeps and SUVs, including off-road tires and wheels and Jeep Wrangler bumpers. Transamerican operations are comprised of 72 4 Wheel Parts retail locations in North America, Trans American Wholesale sales and distribution, Dealer Services International and the Transamerican Manufacturing Group which includes Smittybilt, Rubicon Express, G2 Axle & Gear, Pro Comp, LRG Wheels and Poison Spyder Customs.”

13_gecko_rubi

From their own website: “Transamerican Auto Parts is the world’s leading manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of aftermarket parts and accessories for trucks, Jeeps and SUVs, including off-road tires and wheels and Jeep Wrangler bumpers. Transamerican operations are comprised of 72 4 Wheel Parts retail locations in North America, Trans American Wholesale sales and distribution, Dealer Services International and the Transamerican Manufacturing Group which includes Smittybilt, Rubicon Express, G2 Axle & Gear, Pro Comp, LRG Wheels and Poison Spyder Customs.”
From whose website? TA doesn't own Method as far as I am aware.

I ran methods in past and they worked great. Never an issue. I wouldn't hesitate to run them again.

Sent via....

BillArnett

From whose website? TA doesn't own Method as far as I am aware.

I ran methods in past and they worked great. Never an issue. I wouldn't hesitate to run them again.

Sent via....

That’s a quote from Transamerican Auto Parts’s web site. I have no reason to doubt it.

2nd.gunman

Where does that say Method wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

I apologize for the confusion. I didn’t intend to say anything about Method. I just found it interesting that so many of our well known brands are in fact owned by a single entity. (I did title my post “Off topic” :)

JTCO

Meme King
I apologize for the confusion. I didn’t intend to say anything about Method. I just found it interesting that so many of our well known brands are in fact owned by a single entity. (I did title my post “Off topic” :)

Indeed is crazy when you follow the paper trail. I've been pretty shocked myself how many companies hide behind labels and terms, but when you get down to the nitty gritty, it's just a piece of shit in a gold plated box.

Taxman

Little late to the party here but I figure I'd put my 2 cents into this thread. I had Methods on my Raptor for about 3 years and they didn't hold up well at all. The ring discolored shortly after I bought them and the finish was easily scratched off road. I felt the design was flawed in that there was always a pool of water collected on the inside rim by the fake beadlock. It didn't really bother me, but I'm sure it would annoy some people.

I've owned several ProComps and always been happy with them. I think I'm going stick to ProComp for inexpensive wheels from here on.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Little late to the party here but I figure I'd put my 2 cents into this thread. I had Methods on my Raptor for about 3 years and they didn't hold up well at all. The ring discolored shortly after I bought them and the finish was easily scratched off road. I felt the design was flawed in that there was always a pool of water collected on the inside rim by the fake beadlock. It didn't really bother me, but I'm sure it would annoy some people.

I've owned several ProComps and always been happy with them. I think I'm going stick to ProComp for inexpensive wheels from here on.

My Procomps had rings that discolored easily, and the fake bead lock held water.

Taxman

My Procomps had rings that discolored easily, and the fake bead lock held water.

One of the ProComps I owned had a fake beadlock but didn't hold water. The black finish on the center part of the wheel didn't discolor like the Methods I owned. The painted black center portion of the Methods were dark gray after three years. The paint application just seemed thinner thatn the ProComps. I think at the end of the day all the inexpensive imported wheels are going to suffer from inconsistencies in quality due to poor quality control standards. All the wheels served me well. In other words, I never had any balancing issues, cracked wheels or compromised integrity of the wheel itself. Just finish and cosmetic items.

I like both the standard and upgraded wheels on the Rubicon JL model. This is the first time I like the stock wheels on a Jeep since the TJ Rubicon classic 5-spoke star.

NFRs2000NYC

I am actually really digging the dirty life 9303s, and I like their unique wheel design, allowing the wheel to be run in a real beadlock or a faux beadlock setup, all on one wheel. I’m waiting to see that wheel mounted on a JL but there is a very good chance those will be my wheels of choice