Anyone make a winch plate for the JL yet?

JL2018

Mopar now has their winch plate offered on their site.

The local offroad parts store had a big sale here in PHX yesterday and I couldn't resist, So Now I have my new Zeon 10 winch and ARB twin portable compressor, New Halguard Fire extinguisher and Warn epic winch accessory kit in my garage. All that's missing is the JEEP!!!!.

Hope it ships soon, I'm starting to get shaky, saw a new JL riding down the street and started to chase him, just to get a look. :icon_crazy: Trying to be patient.:eek:

Back In Black

I can't speak from experience, as I have never owned any of their products (JCR Offroad)
I can tell you that from my initial research the JCR JL Winch Plate product is 3/16" plate, versus others are 1/4" - that is interesting in itself.
I think I would sign up for 1/4" versus 3/16", unless of course they can prove that their product meets the specifications along with additional strain needed to exceed that spec for safety purposes. Something tells me that this question would not garner a response.

So for me 1/4" plate is going to be my choice.

RMC2

The local offroad parts store had a big sale here in PHX yesterday and I couldn't resist, So Now I have my new Zeon 10 winch and ARB twin portable compressor, New Halguard Fire extinguisher and Warn epic winch accessory kit in my garage. All that's missing is the JEEP!!!!.

Hope it ships soon, I'm starting to get shaky, saw a new JL riding down the street and started to chase him, just to get a look. :icon_crazy: Trying to be patient.:eek:

Awesome list of stuff. I have only seen one JL that wasn't on the dealer lot/car show. Aside from my own test drive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so I got a chance to talk to my friends at EVO over the weekend and was told that they should have a winch plate available very soon. That being said, I was told that they would recommend the one made by Rusty's if you really needed something right now. They had nothing buy kind words to say about them as a company. Just thought I'd put that out there.

tallguy26

Okay, so I got a chance to talk to my friends at EVO over the weekend and was told that they should have a winch plate available very soon. That being said, I was told that they would recommend the one made by Rusty's if you really needed something right now. They had nothing buy kind words to say about them as a company. Just thought I'd put that out there.
That's great news. One thing I was told about the Rustys one is that it included nuts to reinstall the bolts that held the cover on and that it comes with a failed adaptor. Hoping the evo one does as well.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL2018

I just saw the installation instructions for Rustys and I think the reason they said only the smaller winches would fit is because their mount fits on the inside of the jeeps bumper mount. thereby pushing the larger winches like the Zeon 10 back a 1/4" into the grill. Hopefully Evo's or Mopar will account for this

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Rock Hard 4x4 has a winch plate, in the works. I had their winch plate, for a JK, and have to believe it would be worth the wait on a JL. The JK version is heavy duty, and well designed, and of course, Made in the USA.

IMG_1276.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

scottxb

ARB Twin?

Where are you going to mount the ARB Twin compressor?

JL2018

Where are you going to mount the ARB Twin compressor?

I was waiting for someone to come up with a good mounting Idea, but it didn't appear this would happen before I got my Jeep in (expected Apr 4-9) so I got the portable twin while it was on sale. Comes contained in watertight box with tank and hose, ready to go with battery clamps. I'll try it this way for a while and if someone comes up with a good mounting idea, i can always mount it then.

ARB portable compressor info.jpg