Next Generation JL Fun for JAGS

JAGS

Finally got around to installing my floor mats today. The fitment is really great and they are super sturdy.

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

TrailHunter

Lookin Good! How are you liking the JL compared to the JK? Similar feel to when you bought your JK or world of difference?

JAGS

Looks good. Love those mats.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks. Same here.

Lookin Good! How are you liking the JL compared to the JK? Similar feel to when you bought your JK or world of difference?

Not sure about a world of difference as it’s still a Jeep. But I will say this. There is a BIG difference. Transmission is great. Handling and steering is great. Brakes are crazy good. Road noise is less than previous premium soft top on my JK. Seating is better. Steering wheel itself feels better. Not to mention all the creature comforts I’m still getting used to. Oh, and it just looks better than my 2012 rubicon.

I haven’t put a ton of miles on it, so time will really tell. But so far, a big improvement.

No 37’s???

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

No exact time timetable set, but they are on the radar. Want to enjoy the new Jeep smell longer. [emoji6]

Last edited:

JAGS

A nice day and a short break means a little update to the windshield. [emoji41]

New Jeep is fitting in just fine!!

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

Last edited:

MrGiant

congratulations! your new JL (as well as the built up JK) looks great, I really like the soft top.
talking about investments...an open Jeep such as Wranglers and CJS are always a good thing to put some money in, it gives everything and even more back in form of fun and a large smile in your face each time you see it :cool:

JAGS

Looks good :thumb:

Awesome, looks great :thumb:

Thanks. I dig the way it looks too. [emoji16] [emoji106]

congratulations! your new JL (as well as the built up JK) looks great, I really like the soft top.
talking about investments...an open Jeep such as Wranglers and CJS are always a good thing to put some money in, it gives everything and even more back in form of fun and a large smile in your face each time you see it :cool:

Thanks. Oh yeah, no doubt!

JAGS

Relatively quite yet fun first 1000 miles. The JL has been a blast. Dare I say a pleasure to drive.

IMG_4828.jpg

JAGS

One of the first free weekend days we’ve had in a LONG time. Made use of it and the great weather to get out in the rookie.

Our JL had just about 1200 miles when we set out mid morning. The goal I had in mind was to hit the same “first” trail we did back in 2012 in our new JK. So off we went out to lake elsenor to hit the south main divide trail system. Unfortunately, we soon enough learned it closed in late 2013.

So, hell bent on hitting a little dirt, we crossed back over the main hwy to check out north main divide. Unfamiliar with north divide, we noticed a quick turn off to dirt. This ended up being the el cariso truck trail. Exploring we went.

IMG_4906.jpg
IMG_4909.jpg
IMG_4908.jpg

This guy made the shelf road trail way harder than it needed to be. [emoji33]

IMG_4912.jpg

Does this count as rock crawling?

IMG_4911.jpg

Fairly simple dirt road that wasn’t too long. Parts were made fun with smallish run off ruts. The JL made it all a piece of cake.

IMG_4915.jpg
IMG_4922.jpg
IMG_4927.jpg

But what would the day be without the perfect retro flashback picture. Here’s our first dirt pic from 2012, followed by one from today. The kids were good sports. Lol.

IMG_4920.JPG
IMG_4921.jpg