Dash Colors

RMC2

That was an interesting read. Of course I didn't understand any of it. I actually loked for the translation button.

You guys get screwed on some stupid stuff on vehicles like a Jeep, all in the name of safety and all. But it still sucks.

Uglywon

My buddy said his Rubicon is being held up at the factory because Jeep realizes how bad the red dash clashed with Punkin. I ordered black and think the red is sharp and goes with the red stitching in the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

thblkprl

Personally I also hate the red dash. I don't see any reason why the silver couldn't at least be a zero cost option.

I would straight up prefer that or even the leather stitched dash of the Sahara.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

2nd.gunman

13_gecko_rubi

The plan was never to have the red dash on Punkn, Mojito, or Hella Yella. They all have silver dashes. That's why originally you could only order tan in Punkn. The silver dash was added to the black interiors for select exterior colors, punkn, Mojito, Hella Yella, and once the parts were released orders opened up. The "delay" is just running the first ones and then going full production. It isn't held up as in built then they said "oh wait that doesn't look good." Was always planned to be silver.

Sent via....

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
The plan was never to have the red dash on Punkn, Mojito, or Hella Yella. They all have silver dashes. That's why originally you could only order tan in Punkn. The silver dash was added to the black interiors for select exterior colors, punkn, Mojito, Hella Yella, and once the parts were released orders opened up. The "delay" is just running the first ones and then going full production. It isn't held up as in built then they said "oh wait that doesn't look good." Was always planned to be silver.

Sent via....

They just said that nacho doesn’t look good. [emoji57]

Sent via....

I wish they had included ocean blue in that list.

desertbuzz

I'm no fan of the red dash so far....but everyone has it's own taste.
To set the red one as Rubicon exclusive is ok. But while there is a silver one existing I cannot understand why the customer is not allowed to choose which of these two is his favourite. If I don't like mine when I finally order and pick it up to see it with my own eyes, I am sure to vinyl it

What he said ... My thoughts exactly. "while there is a silver one existing I cannot understand why the customer is not allowed to choose which of these two is his favourite"

EDDI

Sent via....

If leather seats were ordered for those colors; what color would is used for the seat stitching? I would order tomorrow if I could get white exterior, silver dash and black stitching in leather seats.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

KS-Mike

My buddy said his Rubicon is being held up at the factory because Jeep realizes how bad the red dash clashed with Punkin. I ordered black and think the red is sharp and goes with the red stitching in the seats.

I was unsure based on the pictures, but the red is not as glossy as pictured. On Black with black leather, I actually like it now. On pumpkin, probably wouldn’t...

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app