37-12.50.17 BFG KO2s and 2.5 lift

Onlyone

Here we go. No spacers. Factory wheels. At full droop it rubbed on the sway bar and lower control arms. At ride hight no rubbing anywhere. I adjusted the steering stops a couple turns so they won’t rub at full droop. The back is fine too. As soon as I can I’ll head off to my little flex spot up the mountain behind the house and check everything else. Ok here’s some pics. The last pics are at full droop before I adjusted the stops.

Attachments

• 48BD68AA-BC3F-43A8-9B8D-A1E5D40FAB88.jpg
    48BD68AA-BC3F-43A8-9B8D-A1E5D40FAB88.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 252
  • B5E9882C-763A-47B4-9D4F-DECAAFE032C9.jpg
    B5E9882C-763A-47B4-9D4F-DECAAFE032C9.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 4433731D-BBBE-4C78-86A4-81E394E9197E.jpg
    4433731D-BBBE-4C78-86A4-81E394E9197E.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 56D4F7D5-3E9A-4527-8D70-C9D9381F5962.jpg
    56D4F7D5-3E9A-4527-8D70-C9D9381F5962.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 00B9C441-80CF-44E9-9A68-7CEB000EB0C6.jpg
    00B9C441-80CF-44E9-9A68-7CEB000EB0C6.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 262
  • B4768DDA-3E72-40E2-AFEE-AD4FA4B506A9.jpg
    B4768DDA-3E72-40E2-AFEE-AD4FA4B506A9.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 23B609EA-8694-4349-8453-7631A9B0A7CE.jpg
    23B609EA-8694-4349-8453-7631A9B0A7CE.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 268

JTCO

Meme King
That is beautiful! Amazing how clean that looks with 37s, almost like something that could have rolled off of the factory floor. How's the fitment on the spare? Is it tight? Any adjustments needed back there?

Onlyone

That is beautiful! Amazing how clean that looks with 37s, almost like something that could have rolled off of the factory floor. How's the fitment on the spare? Is it tight? Any adjustments needed back there?

Thanks! That’s kind of what I was going for. The spare is perfect. I installed the RC bracket. But I think it would have fit without it. Maybe better without it because it would have been held up by the bumper. That back gate is crazy light. It doesn’t even feel like there’s a tire on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, looks awesome! If it were me, I think I would want to run some wheels spacers though.

Regarding your spare, is it making full contact with the rubber isolators or did you have to remove them to make it work?

Onlyone

Wow, looks awesome! If it were me, I think I would want to run some wheels spacers though.

Regarding your spare, is it making full contact with the rubber isolators or did you have to remove them to make it work?
it’s not touching.

Attachments

• EE802988-BAAF-46CA-A116-00EA115ED918.jpg
    EE802988-BAAF-46CA-A116-00EA115ED918.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 199

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
it’s not touching.

Ah. If you plan on carrying your spare on your tailgate like this long term, I would highly recommend that you try to extend your isolators so that they press firmly on the sidewall. The jiggling of your spare is ultimately what will damage your tailgate and the isolators will help to mitigate that.

Onlyone

Ah. If you plan on carrying your spare on your tailgate like this long term, I would highly recommend that you try to extend your isolators so that they press firmly on the sidewall. The jiggling of your spare is ultimately what will damage your tailgate and the isolators will help to mitigate that.

I’m almost curious about removing the bracket and seeing if it will wedge against the bumper.

JTCO

Meme King
There's several diy solutions out there from tennis balls, hockey pucks, and even PCV pipe to extend the isolators and they all look clean. Definitely a good idea.

NFRs2000NYC

These tires are like optical illusions....they look small, but I see you posted up the measurement in the tire thread at 35 5/8th and Eddies 37s look large and measure up at 35 1/8....:crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes: I wonder if its because you're wheels are more tucked in they make the tires look smaller.:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These tires are like optical illusions....they look small, but I see you posted up the measurement in the tire thread at 35 5/8th and Eddies 37s look large and measure up at 35 1/8....:crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes: I wonder if its because you're wheels are more tucked in they make the tires look smaller.:thinking:

Look carefully at the photo he posted. I only see 5-5/16" at the shoulder. This is how I state measurements should be taken in my original post - NOT to the top of the tread. Also, there is NO psi stated and that would make a difference in what you see.

Onlyone

Look carefully at the photo he posted. I only see 5-5/16" at the shoulder. This is how I state measurements should be taken in my original post - NOT to the top of the tread. Also, there is NO psi stated and that would make a difference in what you see.

Eddie is correct. I fixed the post.

Onlyone

I would run spacers or new wheels. Not a huge fan of the tall skinny tucked look.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I however,do like the tall and skinny look but am not against new wheels. Living where I live I try and keep the tires close up in the wheel wells because in the winter it throws all that slushy crap up the side and packs the handles full of it. Also I really like the stock look. But bigger. Lol. I mean it’s the reason I bought it. If I can’t fine tune the suspension the way it is then I’ll definitely look into new wheels or spacers. I do appreciate the advice.

Elickzer

I however,do like the tall and skinny look but am not against new wheels. Living where I live I try and keep the tires close up in the wheel wells because in the winter it throws all that slushy crap up the side and packs the handles full of it. Also I really like the stock look. But bigger. Lol. I mean it’s the reason I bought it. If I can’t fine tune the suspension the way it is then I’ll definitely look into new wheels or spacers. I do appreciate the advice.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don’t let us tell you otherwise.

Onlyone

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don’t let us tell you otherwise.

I appreciate that and I was in no way offended. I appreciate the honesty whether it is constructive critisism or praise. I’ve been wheeling and enjoying these mountains for years but there’s always someone smarter and if I can gain some understanding about certain things from others I’ll gladly take it. I’m getting too old for all that social media butthurt. Lol.

ambrose

Looks great. This is along the lines of something I might do. When you adjust the steering, does that mean reducing the turn radius? Sorry, I'm ignorant of all this stuff. Would spacers help with that rubbing?