Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best aftermarket exhaust?

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    I guess it was the redneck in me, but I simply unbolted the muffler and took it off. I kept hitting it on the trail and removing it was free. Yes, it's loud, but I don't think it sounds too horrible...but then again I've always liked my vehicles loud
    No doubt it sounds good but in many places that's not legal. I compromised and went with the aFe Rock Basher which is pretty loud but exits ahead of the axle so it won't be beat up as much as an axle back.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

I just installed the Magnaflow Off Road and it seems to do well. I do not see it hanging low as some have stated. It all depends on ensuring pipe placement and torquing the band clamps which appear to keep it high and tight. Image1525649858.415519.jpgImage1525649906.709994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block Jeepers Creeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MongeDM View Post
    I just installed the Magnaflow Off Road and it seems to do well. I do not see it hanging low as some have stated. It all depends on ensuring pipe placement and torquing the band clamps which appear to keep it high and tight. Image1525649858.415519.jpgImage1525649906.709994.jpg

I would love it if you could post a video of the before and after. There's not a lot of them right now....and if you couldx try to describe how it changed the sound, both in volume and quality, since most mics moderate recorded sound anyway

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Jeepers Creeper; 05-06-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
    Has anyone even considered a Magnaflow axel back exhaust? I was about to pull the trigger but now am hesitating. Their sound clip sounds good, but like someone said it's all subjective. Does the fitment of these exhausts have an issue if the tow package is installed? Thenks
    I've got it and I have the tow package. It sounds GREAT! Not too loud, but not as quiet as stock, either. It has just a really nice sound when you want it, but when cruising it is well behaved without annoyingly droning. It does rob some departure angle, but it is stll good. It doesn't bother the hitch, at all.

I did keep my stock exhaust. I will probably put it back on for my October trip to Moab, just to keep from smashing the tips. Then again, maybe I won't. It just sounds darned good!

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    I've got it and I have the tow package. It sounds GREAT! Not too loud, but not as quiet as stock, either. It has just a really nice sound when you want it, but when cruising it is well behaved without annoyingly droning. It does rob some departure angle, but it is stll good. It doesn't bother the hitch, at all.

I did keep my stock exhaust. I will probably put it back on for my October trip to Moab, just to keep from smashing the tips. Then again, maybe I won't. It just sounds darned good!

Have any audio clips you could share?

Fresh Catch
    I put on the Gibson with single exit today. I like it so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon29527 View Post
    I put on the Gibson with single exit today. I like it so far

You have a sound clip. The dual exhaust that they gave me came with a single exit also

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cool

And a video too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DynoMax Exhaust View Post

And a video too!!!
    Boy, what an easy install. Doesn't sound too loud from the video either.

Just a bit louder than stock honestly.
    I say 20% more, but others who have installed it said even less than that

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Boy, what an easy install. Doesn't sound too loud from the video either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast