CB Antenna Mount Locations

shotcoach

I just started thinking about a CB for my JL. Which led me to think about where to mount a CB antenna...Anyone have any pics of their setup or ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just started thinking about a CB for my JL. Which led me to think about where to mount a CB antenna...Anyone have any pics of their setup or ideas?

I've been looking at making some kind of mount that secures to the rear tire carrier. That'll probably be the easiest place to set something up.

Rugged ridge is supposed to be coming out with a kit that mounts in place of the antenna for the radio and uses the cb as a dual antenna

I'm pretty sure it's out already. I've seen it at SEMA last year and at least, they were telling me that it's available.

JAGS

Rugged ridge is supposed to be coming out with a kit that mounts in place of the antenna for the radio and uses the cb as a dual antenna

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I've been looking at making some kind of mount that secures to the rear tire carrier. That'll probably be the easiest place to set something up.

I'm pretty sure it's out already. I've seen it at SEMA last year and at least, they were telling me that it's available.

Having something like a firestik antenna in place of the regular would be a total eyesore in my opinion.

If anything, I wish Jeep had integrated the antenna somewhere and done away with an external one altogether.

RMC2

Having a dual cb/radio is a poor choice from what I have read (on the truthful internet). Something about it doesn't do either job well.

But it would be easier to relocate the radio antenna, so then you could use that spot for CB. Maybe hide the radio antenna since it only recieves anyway. Still would cut radio reception, but how much?

JAGS

Pretty hard to do without a hard top in place all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The sat antenna is/was integrated into the roll bar. It was a secondary "if anything" wish list comment. I've read the radio ant is there to also help gage clearance. So perhaps it has dual purpose. A big antenna like for a CB though constantly in the line of site would be annoying is all I was getting at.

RMC2

The sat antenna is/was integrated into the roll bar. It was a secondary "if anything" wish list comment. I've read the radio ant is there to also help gage clearance. So perhaps it has dual purpose. A big antenna like for a CB though constantly in the line of site would be annoying is all I was getting at.

I don't even like seeing the radio antenna. That is why I went custom on my JK, and made one.

IMG_0720.jpg

Elickzer

Having a dual cb/radio is a poor choice from what I have read (on the truthful internet). Something about it doesn't do either job well.

But it would be easier to relocate the radio antenna, so then you could use that spot for CB. Maybe hide the radio antenna since it only recieves anyway. Still would cut radio reception, but how much?

Who actually listens to the radio anymore?

Podcastlife

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It's a poor choice if you don't isolate the two. The Rugged Ridge kit has a system that does. Granted, you'll still be limited to what antenna you use and whether or not it's tuned. Also, it might look funny to have something like a Firestik on the side of your jeep.

NTXJL

I understand Arizona Rocky Road will be offering a mount for the JL that uses the tire carrier bolts in the near future. I had their mount on my JK, and it worked very well. The bolt pattern mounting the tire carrier to the JL is different from the JK, so the JK mount will not work. Unknown date of availability.

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/antennamounts.html

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I understand Arizona Rocky Road will be offering a mount for the JL that uses the tire carrier bolts in the near future. I had their mount on my JK, and it worked very well. The bolt pattern mounting the tire carrier to the JL is different from the JK, so the JK mount will not work. Unknown date of availability.

Welcome to JLWrangler

ckor

The Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit has a built in cb antenna mount...

View attachment 1583

The issue with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement is the mount (stud) for the antenna is not long enough to go through the hole. I have yet to find a CB antenna mount that will work with that. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The issue with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement is the mount (stud) for the antenna is not long enough to go through the hole. I have yet to find a CB antenna mount that will work with that. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

You need something like this.

https://amzn.to/2IVzGFZ

71EqsuXtQqL._SL1500_.jpg

It uses a bolt that passes through a mounting ring. If needed, you can use a longer bolt to make it work.