"Patiently" waiting for my Rubi

13_gecko_rubi

When you point that out it seems mind blowing that people are waiting 2-3+ months for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Well remember across the whole lineup there are over a million ways you could configure the Jeep when you order it. Once you order it, the systems have to break your specific configuration into the 10s of thousands of parts needed and sends that info to the large tier 1 suppliers. Then in turn those tier 1 suppliers systems break down the parts I to sub parts that may come from tier 2 or tier 3 suppliers. So all that info gets ordered and has to come together and be ready to run down the line. That doesn't happen overnight :)

Sent via....

JLU_RUBI

Well remember across the whole lineup there are over a million ways you could configure the Jeep when you order it. Once you order it, the systems have to break your specific configuration into the 10s of thousands of parts needed and sends that info to the large tier 1 suppliers. Then in turn those tier 1 suppliers systems break down the parts I to sub parts that may come from tier 2 or tier 3 suppliers. So all that info gets ordered and has to come together and be ready to run down the line. That doesn't happen overnight :)

Sent via....

Trust me I’ve already thought about the complexity and logistics of just planning the most efficient way to build these in batches. And I do realize you also have dealer stock orders mixed in. But just the shear magnitude of a Wrangler coming off the line every 60 seconds seems like they could get them to us more quickly. But alas, I’m no expert, and I’m sure they do a pretty good job at the whole of production. What a machine. A chaotic crazy machine[emoji23].

Now, where’s my Rubi!!!!

GrayBeard

I agree, the volume produced is truely amazing as is the coordination it takes to run the assembly line.

But with that said, when a jeep which is no longer on the assembly line is held for a vendor part, but the assembly line continues to build, obviously there is a issue at hand. If the assembly line has the part to continue building, completing and shipping Jeeps, then why aren't there parts for the Jeeps off the assembly line. Why do they not have priority since they are built and obviously ordered before ones coming off the line now. Im confused.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I agree, the volume produced is truely amazing as is the coordination it takes to run the assembly line.

But with that said, when a jeep which is no longer on the assembly line is held for a vendor part, but the assembly line continues to build, obviously there is a issue at hand. If the assembly line has the part to continue building, completing and shipping Jeeps, then why aren't there parts for the Jeeps off the assembly line. Why do they not have priority since they are built and obviously ordered before ones coming off the line now. Im confused.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It’s a pretty easy fix. Buy a Subaru and you won’t have to wait.