New Tailgate is not strong enough for oversized tires :(

sharkey

Word Ninja
Gotta thing they have quickly adapted the hinged version to release for the JL.

Will be interesting to see if they will have something like the JK cage carrier. How that would work with all the new lines of the JL.

All I can say is - how do I get my hands on it :thumb:

That would be an interesting trick given the lane sensor thingies (yes, technical term) in the taillights. Can that system just be abandoned without causing a litany of idiot lights to be on all of the time?

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Due to the fact that the sensors are part of a federally required safety system, it is doubtful that you can de-activate them at all ;/

That would be an interesting trick given the lane sensor thingies (yes, technical term) in the taillights. Can that system just be abandoned without causing a litany of idiot lights to be on all of the time?

sharkey

Word Ninja
Due to the fact that the sensors are part of a federally required safety system, it is doubtful that you can de-activate them at all ;/

Interesting, for some reason I didn't think they were on all models (i.e. I thought they just came with the LED package). Learn something new every day with these JL's.

13_gecko_rubi

You could shut off blind spot so carrier didn't set it off, see pic I happen to be driving one with it, but if you yank the lights totally will throw all kinds of errors.

Blind spot isn't mandated and is only there if you order it. 20180228_175240.jpg

Sent via....

Last edited:

JAGS

Interesting, for some reason I didn't think they were on all models (i.e. I thought they just came with the LED package). Learn something new every day with these JL's.

Correct. I ordered mine without the safety package and without the LED package. So the sensors are not there.

You could shut off blind spot so carrier didn't set it off, see pic I happen to be driving one with it, but if you yank the lights totally will throw all kinds of errors.

Blind spot isn't mandated and is only there if you order it. View attachment 1259

Sent via....

Would a special light harness/adapter be needed if one swapped from the spot monitor version to one of the puck versions scene with the corner armor.

13_gecko_rubi

Correct. I ordered mine without the safety package and without the LED package. So the sensors are not there.

Would a special light harness/adapter be needed if one swapped from the spot monitor version to one of the puck versions scene with the corner armor.
If you remove the blind spot monitor lamps no harness is going to save it. Will pop errors. Until someone hacks the system to shut them off some day. If you plan on doing armor some day and replacing with round type lamps I'd highly recommend not getting blind spot as of now.

Blind spot only comes in safety group. If u get led package without the safety group they are not in there. The housings look the same but totally different parts.

Sent via....

JAGS

If you remove the blind spot monitor lamps no harness is going to save it. Will pop errors. Until someone hacks the system to shut them off some day. If you plan on doing armor some day and replacing with round type lamps I'd highly recommend not getting blind spot as of now.

Blind spot only comes in safety group. If u get led package without the safety group they are not in there. The housings look the same but totally different parts.

Sent via....

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Me personally, I'm safe. Or is NOT safe as I do not have the safety group. Lol. Guess I can more easily do what want in the future.

jesse3638

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Me personally, I'm safe. Or is NOT safe as I do not have the safety group. Lol. Guess I can more easily do what want in the future.

What happened to teaching people how to use mirrors and check their blind spots before changing lanes. Safety features are making people dumber, not accountable, and less safe..:crazyeyes:. But yes I can't wait to see what EVO has in store for carrying the spare.

JAGS

What happened to teaching people how to use mirrors and check their blind spots before changing lanes. Safety features are making people dumber, not accountable, and less safe..:crazyeyes:. But yes I can't wait to see what EVO has in store for carrying the spare.

People might be dumber, but vehicles are a lot safer than they used to be. I'm all for the extra safety features, though people still need serious behind the wheel education and repeat behind the wheel tests.

But yeah, carrier options will be interesting. [emoji6][emoji23]

RMC2

People might be dumber, but vehicles are a lot safer than they used to be. I'm all for the extra safety features, though people still need serious behind the wheel education and repeat behind the wheel tests.

But yeah, carrier options will be interesting. [emoji6][emoji23]

Jags, I think you nailed it. Better vehicles, worse drivers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would assume it was rattling. That tailgate looks way stronger than the JK and my JK one took a beating and never fell off.

LOL!! You pushed your JK tailgate way further than you should have and without isolating your spare too. Wasn't a pretty sight but nothing ever fell off.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Nice! We didn't know you could turn it off. We haven't had a chance to play with all the accessories and menus yet :D Wish you could also turn off the feature that stops the car from driving if you're unbuckled or have a door open lol

NFRs2000NYC

That’s super annoying. Sometimes I like to keep the door open when I’m backing up into a weird spot and not being able to move with the door open is a pain. BMW has this crap too and it sucks. A lot of these eco features like ess and safety features really suck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Nice! We didn't know you could turn it off. We haven't had a chance to play with all the accessories and menus yet :D Wish you could also turn off the feature that stops the car from driving if you're unbuckled or have a door open lol
You have to have door open AND seatbelt unbuckled. Someone I saw already has cracked it so won't be long

Sent via....