A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

Gduck

Just curious why your going with a 2.5 “ lift with 37” tires? I get the 37’s but why the 2.5” lift? Thought you would have gone a lil higher! Don’t get me wrong it will look awesome. Kinda new to this was just curious!,

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Also just noticed that it looks like the zerk fittings are farther back on the axle joint.

Trainwreck618

MrGiant

By what I've seen so far the look will be great!
I might be wrong with my understanding of such a kit, but: doesn't it just set the sprung mass higher while keeping the wheelbase with longer control arms?
Does this kind of lift provide more articulation than the stock suspension or just give clearance for larger tires?
I'm curious to know...

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Big shop space heater, and some good coveralls. That is all you need. Or a real heater.

If it is snowing hard, better to be inside anyway. So be inside the shop fixing Jet Li up.

Surprised to see the control arms go back to jam nuts.

LOL!! Oh yeah. Up until about a week ago, we basically didn't have a winter so I never bothered to get setup for it. Spent some time yesterday buying fuel for the heater and should be good to go now.

As far as jam nuts go, man, am I ever glad to see them back. No more seized up adjusters and no more broken spanner wrenches. :icon_crazy:

These arms looks real nice
In the picture it looks almost / similar in length as a jk lonk arms length.
Would be interesting if you take a picture with jk arms for comparison...

LOL!! There is NO WAY these are even close to JK long arms. I will measure and if possible, take a pic to show the difference in lengths.

Just curious why your going with a 2.5 “ lift with 37” tires? I get the 37’s but why the 2.5” lift? Thought you would have gone a lil higher! Don’t get me wrong it will look awesome. Kinda new to this was just curious!,

Not sure why you'd think we'd want to go higher. Anyone who knows me knows that we prefer to run as big of a tire as possible while keeping our ride height as low as possible. Tall lifts were the rage back in the 80's but a low center of gravity will serve you best on the trail.

Also just noticed that it looks like the zerk fittings are farther back on the axle joint.

Hmmm, interesting.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A 2.5" lift is all that's needed to clear 37's on the JL. No reason to go higher

Exactly :thumb:

By what I've seen so far the look will be great!
I might be wrong with my understanding of such a kit, but: doesn't it just set the sprung mass higher while keeping the wheelbase with longer control arms?
Does this kind of lift provide more articulation than the stock suspension or just give clearance for larger tires?
I'm curious to know...

No different than installing taller coils. Also, the control arms are NOT "longer" per se, they're simply adjustable to help compensate for the new ride height and allow for caster and pinion angle to be set. Being that this kit utilizes coil spacers and shock extensions, there should be no increase in articulation. Again, this is just a budget boost and for us, the additional components like control arms are just in preparation for bigger things to come.

JLF

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Also, realize that although this boost may seem like a gateway drug, Eddie’s just gonna build up on it as EVO’s release schedule allows. Really smart, build up wisely; future proof your investment, learn what works.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks for that, interesting to read

No problem. Please let me know if you have any other questions. :yup:

Eddie, you inspire me bro. Keep em coming.

LOL!! Glad to hear it :)

Love reading these kinds of posts but my wallet runs and hides for some reason.

Well, JEEP does = Just Empty Every Pocket :crazyeyes:

I could be completely wrong but that’s just what it appears to be. If so greasing would be easier

No, I think you might be right. I just didn't notice it before. Been a while since I've run short arms :)

Also, realize that although this boost may seem like a gateway drug, Eddie’s just gonna build up on it as EVO’s release schedule allows. Really smart, build up wisely; future proof your investment, learn what works.

This is true. If 2" of lift and 35's is all a guy is hoping to run, the EVO kit we just got may be a bit overkill. We got it because we KNOW that this is just the first step in a LONG progression of upgrades to come. We're just getting set up for the next step to come :yup:

Four Flusher

I'm not much for wrenching but I could swing by and hand you tools;)

Thanks for the details you're providing. I'm really enjoying your forum!

texasbryan

The EVO MFG 2.5” JL Boost Suspension systems lift your 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5”s. The JL Boost kits are specifically designed to lift your JL and maintain factory spring rate, compliance and ride quality while having the option of retaining factory shocks, maintaining full wheel travel with use of shock extensions (part number EXT kits) or without shock extensions to allow for use of your choice of aftermarket 2/2.5” lift shocks. In using rigid steel coil spacers we maintain the factory ride quality without effecting or lowering spring rate like the alternative compressible plastic or poly urethane spacers. EVO MFG JL Boost kits are available in multiple configurations to suit your needs
and budget and are upgradable down the road. These Boost kits will fit up to a 37” tires on Rubicon Model JLs or 35” tires on Sahara and Sport/S.

The EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost and Overland Boost are very easy to install using normal tools. No drilling or cutting (optional rear shock extensions require one minor drill). They require no driveshaft or exhaust modifications. Simple Bolt on installation.

Very cool. I look forward to the video of the finished product.

Do you know of a way to do a 1 or 1.5" lift to accommodate 35" tires on the Rubicon? I'm trying to avoid going to a full 2 inch lift for 35" tires if possible. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. I look forward to the video of the finished product.

Do you know of a way to do a 1 or 1.5" lift to accommodate 35" tires on the Rubicon? I'm trying to avoid going to a full 2 inch lift for 35" tires if possible. Thanks!

Not as of yet but I have little doubt that there will be multiple companies that will be offering coil spacers in different sizes and soon. On a Rubicon, you can run 35's as is but you will have rubbing at a full flex. 2" IS what Jeep recommends to clear everything.

texasbryan

Not as of yet but I have little doubt that there will be multiple companies that will be offering coil spacers in different sizes and soon. On a Rubicon, you can run 35's as is but you will have rubbing at a full flex. 2" IS what Jeep recommends to clear everything.

That sounds perfect for what I want to do. Thanks for the info.

Trail Bud

Thanks! Hoping to have in installed by the end of the week. Tons more snow coming our way but I finally got adequate heat in the garage :crazyeyes:

I remember hearing “I think I’ll keep it stock for awhile.”
I guess it’s been awhile. :).