A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

Penance81

Looks awesome! Curios what plans you have for the rear tire? I have my 37" Cooper SST pro's running on mine just using a rough country relocation bracket, probably a little too much weight long term. Really looking to replace my rear bumper with a mounted carrier if someone will hurry up and release one, lol. Not feeling the high price of the Mopar reinforcement kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome! Curios what plans you have for the rear tire? I have my 37" Cooper SST pro's running on mine just using a rough country relocation bracket, probably a little too much weight long term. Really looking to replace my rear bumper with a mounted carrier if someone will hurry up and release one, lol. Not feeling the high price of the Mopar reinforcement kit.

Truth be told, I was going to try and just run the spare on the tailgate as is but quickly found that wouldn't be possible with the factory bumper. I did order the pricey Mopar tire carrier kit to see if it would help move things up but it hasn't come in yet and I'm not sure when it will. With all that said, I talked to my friend over at LoD and they just developed a really nice and beefy relocation bracket. As luck would have it, I was able to get them to send me their prototype for testing and I hope to get it installed this week.

RMC2

Looking forward to seeing the LOD tire carrier. I really liked the JK crusader rear bumper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing the LOD tire carrier. I really liked the JK crusader rear bumper.

At the moment, we're just installing the tire carrier on the tailgate - the new one they came out with that spaces out and raises the spare. We'll most likely give their bumper tire carrier a try too but later down the road.

RMC2

At the moment, we're just installing the tire carrier on the tailgate - the new one they came out with that spaces out and raises the spare. We'll most likely give their bumper tire carrier a try too but later down the road.
Gotcha. Good to know. I was thinking of something like a carrier that works off the hinge instead of relocating the spare on the tailgate method. After Mel’s picture of the crease on his tailgate, I am a little more worried about the outer skin.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gotcha. Good to know. I was thinking of something like a carrier that works off the hinge instead of relocating the spare on the tailgate method. After Mel’s picture of the crease on his tailgate, I am a little more worried about the outer skin.

To be fair, Mel didn't address the rubber isolators that NEEDED to press firmly against the sidewall of the spare. This would have prevented the jiggling that is known to cause damage on JK and even TJ tailgates. He also ran Pritchet like this and there are plenty of BIG ledges that he could have caught his spare on. Just trying to put some perspective on things.

RMC2

To be fair, Mel didn't address the rubber isolators that NEEDED to press firmly against the sidewall of the spare. This would have prevented the jiggling that is known to cause damage on JK and even TJ tailgates. He also ran Pritchet like this and there are plenty of BIG ledges that he could have caught his spare on. Just trying to put some perspective on things.

Good to know. Thanks Eddie.

The under structure looks really beefy, so it had me worried. I don’t see 37s being in my future for at least a couple of years anyway. 35s as soon as it is feasible. And I have a new Jeep to put them on. I have brand new JK parts to sell first, like an EVO 3” that never made it on my 13. Wife said I should have waited.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know. Thanks Eddie.

The under structure looks really beefy, so it had me worried. I don’t see 37s being in my future for at least a couple of years anyway. 35s as soon as it is feasible. And I have a new Jeep to put them on. I have brand new JK parts to sell first, like an EVO 3” that never made it on my 13. Wife said I should have waited.

LOL!! Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We'll be testing out a 37 on the back and if it doesn't hold up, you can be sure I'll be the first to tell all about it.