Lil BLING for JET Li - KMC XD231 RG RACE Beadlock Wheels

cliff538

Can't wait to see it all together!!

I can feel my credit card starting to quiver... :thumb:

Course I might be putting the cart before the horse, I still don't have my Jeep yet! LOL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered the same wheels in black. My build list this far is the same as yours. Hopefully you get it all done before me so I know what issues i can expect to run into. :)

No kidding? I'm pretty sure that JeepFan ordered them as well and in black.

Are you planning on running 37x13.50's too?

MrGiant

Yeah the same Cooper stt pros with the same Evo lift, however not sure i want to use the shock extensions. May just get longer shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
That is interesting. I hope you Post your build like eddie does (maybe not that detailed :-D )
Could it be possible to go without bump stop extensions and longer shocks for more flex? Now I stop the OT ;-)

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bsimon187

That is interesting. I hope you Post your build like eddie does (maybe not that detailed :-D )
Could it be possible to go without bump stop extensions and longer shocks for more flex? Now I stop the OT ;-)

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I plan on posting the build as I go along. Just now ordering the pieces needed. I don't think I have the patience to be as detailed as Eddie. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the same Cooper stt pros with the same Evo lift, however not sure i want to use the shock extensions. May just get longer shocks.

Well, just to reiterate, the 4.75" of back spacing "should" work but I'd be the first to say that it may not. Hope you're aware of this.

You do NOT want to run without the proper amount of bump stop extension as that could lead to the over compression of your coils. AS IN, they get squashed down to a point where they no longer return to their original height. Typically, proper bump stop extension should be approximately as tall as you have lift.

Bsimon187

Well, just to reiterate, the 4.75" of back spacing "should" work but I'd be the first to say that it may not. Hope you're aware of this.

You do NOT want to run without the proper amount of bump stop extension as that could lead to the over compression of your coils. AS IN, they get squashed down to a point where they no longer return to their original height. Typically, proper bump stop extension should be approximately as tall as you have lift.

Yeah I was looking at that. That's why I am waiting for you to find out for me first. :). None of my stuff is even here yet, so you should beat me to the punch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I was looking at that. That's why I am waiting for you to find out for me first. :). None of my stuff is even here yet, so you should beat me to the punch.

LOL!! I am hoping it will work but always knew it'd be an experiment. I'll be sure to post up what I find :yup:

MrGiant

you're right, of course the spring would need the ability to "survive" the extended uptravel and stay on it's lower mount without getting stretched too much :D
Suspension and what affects ohter things in which way is just very interesting and fascinating to me

Bsimon187

LOL!! I am hoping it will work but always knew it'd be an experiment. I'll be sure to post up what I find :yup:

So I ended up cancelling my order for these wheels- they called and said they were on back order for 40-60 days at a minimum through at least that company. So then I was comparing them to the Machete's( my original wheel choice), and according to KMC's site, the lip on the Machete is over an inch bigger than the RG's. Having seen them in person, do you think that is going to be a concern holding the bead? As always, your input is much appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
you're right, of course the spring would need the ability to "survive" the extended uptravel and stay on it's lower mount without getting stretched too much :D
Suspension and what affects ohter things in which way is just very interesting and fascinating to me

Actually, the coils shouldn't stretch as they are not tied to the axle/frame. At most, they would just flop around :)

So I ended up cancelling my order for these wheels- they called and said they were on back order for 40-60 days at a minimum through at least that company. So then I was comparing them to the Machete's( my original wheel choice), and according to KMC's site, the lip on the Machete is over an inch bigger than the RG's. Having seen them in person, do you think that is going to be a concern holding the bead? As always, your input is much appreciated.

Wow, that's odd. I see that Amazon has them in stock now. :idontknow:
http://amzn.to/2Fh7TOn

That being said, I can't say I know what "lip" are you referring to?

Bsimon187

Actually, the coils shouldn't stretch as they are not tied to the axle/frame. At most, they would just flop around :)

Wow, that's odd. I see that Amazon has them in stock now. :idontknow:
http://amzn.to/2Fh7TOn

That being said, I can't say I know what "lip" are you referring to?

I'm not sure either on the lip. But it was a measurement KMC deemed important enough to include on their site. IDK. Maybe it's not important.

The chrome wheels are in stock, however the black ones are not. Can't go chrome. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure either on the lip. But it was a measurement KMC deemed important enough to include on their site. IDK. Maybe it's not important.

The chrome wheels are in stock, however the black ones are not. Can't go chrome. :)

Ah... got it. :crazyeyes:

The Machetes are nice wheels. You'll be very happy with them. :yup: